Electronic Music - Tell me whats good!

• Thread starter 7 Dying Trees
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spoongirl

Bunnies :wub:
Reaction score
Ulver, Burzum

If you want like electro dark shit, go for Clan of Xymox or Mortiis or something like that.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
I dunno what you would consider these as, if not just plain Techno/trance...

DJ Tiesto and DJ Heavygrinder are who I've been getting into mainly, and random trance internet radio things..

If you want a good mix of techno/awesome guitar.. Check out Marty Friedman's cd "Music for speeding".. Particularily the song "NastyMachine" and "Cheer girl rampage".. They are very techno inspired songs.. I love them! Thats my goal in the future, to write like trance/metal with techno bass/drums but guitar lol..

Pauly

Not so local lefty
Reaction score
You can always try this site:

http://www.di.fm/edmguide/edmguide.html

[shameless self-promotion]
Or, you can click on the links in my signature. We do electronic music (sort of).
[/shameless self-promotion]

Ishkurs Guide is the shit, I always post it in threads like these. The samples are a bit short, but I've found so much stuff from that thing.

Also:
Pendulum - Hold Your Colour, the first ever more traditional drum and bass act I've found that I actually like.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Apotygma Berzerk. Zeromancer. Diary of Dreams. Enigma.

Your best bet might be to get a compilation or two and investigate what you like.

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
Burzum and mortiis.

And techno:
Dj pulse
Dj tiesto
Eurodance vol 24
Dj dero

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
More the gothic/industrial side, but I love Switchblade Symphony, VNV Nation, and stuff like that. VNV Nation is nothing but electronic music with vocals, while Switchblade Symphony is like gothic rock with lots and lots of industrial-style electronic music mixed in (with a cool kinda creepy female singer).

')