Eleven Rack or GSP1101?

• Thread starter Steinmetzify
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
arnold_do_it_now_mvpexchange_com.jpg
abkrycnfj
wifqktd4j

If only I could like that 4x.

Splenetic

Reaction score
[SC]https://soundcloud.com/van-vego/new-stuff-very-rough-ideas[/SC]

Here's my contribution to a little sound sampling of the GSP1101.

Gear used: Carvin DC700 going into GSP1101, bypassed cabs .....In Reaper: amplitube for Cab emulation. Addictive Drums for the drum track.

This is just some rough ideas bangaranged out quickly. No eq'ing, not much in terms of production. Just dual tracked. Gonna develop it further as I'm liking it so far.

I ....ing love this thing <3 (the GSP1101 that is)

schecter58

Reaction score
Hey mane, sorry i didnt get these to you over the weekend, got busy as shit......as usual! With that i didn't have the time to take both songs and blend them together to give you the true A/B comparison, but i did record the song twice, one with the peavey and one with the gsp/v300.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dsgupkn7h9qszxe/Mechanical Sideshow 5150.mp3

GSP1101+V300
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tobejgo7hyr6tgc/Mechanical Sideshow V300-1101.mp3

This jam is just done with the GSP1101+V300
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8cjgesmi0eygk47/Never Back Down - GSP1101.mp3

Hope you dig the tracks and i hope it helps you in deciding if you want one of these beasts! All effects were GSP1101, all recorded with Reaper, no mastering effects, just a hair of compression on the strings. :shred:

The 5150 tone out of that thing is awesome! I am assuming you used cab impulses of some sort?

I am thinking of potentially parting ways with my blackstar ht-5 and going the rack route with the elevenrack or gsp 1011 as the preamp. Basically a preamp that will allows me to jam with headphones on or with monitors at a low volume, but also allow me to plug into a 2-12 cab and keep up with another guitar and drums !

WarMachine

Reaction score
The 5150 tone out of that thing is awesome! I am assuming you used cab impulses of some sort?

I am thinking of potentially parting ways with my blackstar ht-5 and going the rack route with the elevenrack or gsp 1011 as the preamp. Basically a preamp that will allows me to jam with headphones on or with monitors at a low volume, but also allow me to plug into a 2-12 cab and keep up with another guitar and drums !
Thanks mayne :metal: Yeah it's definitely brutal for sure, but the only, ONLY gripe i have with it is that i throw in pinch harmonics here and there, mainly in the solos and they just buzz more than squeal. Other than that its spot on tone dude. I've found myself hooked on the SLO100 model for the last couple months tho lol, which the 5150 was based off of so that makes sense lol. And that was with my Rocktron V300 + 4x12 loaded with Eminence Governors. I've tried the direct route for a minute, with the built in cabs and wasn't at all impressed :lol: but i know i could make it sound just as crushing, i just cant get away from cranking this thing up when recording/jamming lol.

Spinedriver

Reaction score
Congrats on the GSP. As far as I know, the MBB firmware should still be available online. Aside from adding the IR slots, it also adds a bunch of the amps (like the 5150) that aren't included in the stock version.

schecter58

Reaction score
That Mesa patch on the eleven rack sounds awesome! Do you ever run the eleven rack into a power amp into a cabinet?

IdentityDevice

Reaction score
That Mesa patch on the eleven rack sounds awesome! Do you ever run the eleven rack into a power amp into a cabinet?

I have powered it with my Orange micro terror and a solid state peavey of my friends. Sounds good either way. Was just jamming guitars though. It wasn't a band situation. If I was in that situation i'd most def get a proper power amp to run it.

klang

Reaction score
I ve been a long time gsp1101 user and can definitely recommend it. For the price it is probably the best. Had to sell it when started to use my new Orange TV50 head more, and gsp1101 just did not have enough of the stompboxes options i wanted in my rig, so I sold it to by some pedalboard goodies. But if you play thru headphones or monitors and usually need a few hi gain sounds (with good delays and stellar reverbs) gsp1101 all the way. unless there is a budget for something much pricier with more modern chips and algorithms.

WarMachine

Reaction score
Nice, thanks man! You'd recommend it then, huh? Is it easy to dial in?
94.gif
VERY easy to dial in dude :agreed: If i get a chance later im going to put my SLO100 patch up on here for download. That thing sounds soooo close to my 5150 its stupid lol. There's just more crunch with it that i dont get with my peavey that i prefer it OVER the real deal lol. I think the single biggest problem with this preamp is that people dont give it enough of a chance and see what it can do at its real potential. A lot of us just think this is going to be a straight plug and play and its not. Sure, as soon as you plug in you can get some usable tones but you gotta tinker with it, the single biggest part IMO is the amp style: flat, SS stack, Tube stack etc. That is one of the single biggest tone factors in that magic little silver box :lol:

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Nice, thanks man! You'd recommend it then, huh? Is it easy to dial in?
94.gif

I would...it's got some usable tones out of the box, but like my man WarMachine said, if you tweak it just a little bit you can get some stellar stuff. For the price these go for used now, it's just a no brainer. Grab one if you can and give it a week or so, you'll be raging in no time.:shred:

VERY easy to dial in dude :agreed: If i get a chance later im going to put my SLO100 patch up on here for download. That thing sounds soooo close to my 5150 its stupid lol. There's just more crunch with it that i dont get with my peavey that i prefer it OVER the real deal lol. I think the single biggest problem with this preamp is that people dont give it enough of a chance and see what it can do at its real potential. A lot of us just think this is going to be a straight plug and play and its not. Sure, as soon as you plug in you can get some usable tones but you gotta tinker with it, the single biggest part IMO is the amp style: flat, SS stack, Tube stack etc. That is one of the single biggest tone factors in that magic little silver box :lol:

Throw it up man, I'd use the crap out of it.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
Hmm never used the SLO really. Would be interesting to see the patch settings. I'll write down my plexi settings too when I'm at the room.

')