Eleven Rack + PODX3 =

• Thread starter Riffmagus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Riffmagus

Reaction score
Anyone know?

As much as I would like an Axe Fx Ultra, it's just not going to happen in the next few years. I have been getting back into my POD X3 but am wondering how it would would alongside/with an Eleven Rack?

As the Eleven rack is around £700 here, that's achieveable for me - but the lack of hi-gain models is a little off putting. However - it has that 'warmth' and more natural sound of a tube amp to my ears - so could I combine the two? Use the X3 hi gain models and Eleven rack cabs/mics etc?

I'd be using it with an Agile 8 string for Doom/Stoner and some Metal. The Tru-Z input sounds interesting and I'd certainly appreciate any feedback from users on here.

Cheers,
-Riff

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Eh, I'd say just use one or the other. Running them both would be redundant. Or, sell the POD, add that money to the money you'd use to get an Eleven, and get a Digitech 1101.

QuambaFu

Reaction score
Riffmagus, I feel your pain. I recently had this same problem in my head and decided to stick with the pod though opting for the x3 pro rack version. I played through the eleven at guitar center. Sorta funny that it's probably the coolest guitar gear they have and ironically it is located in the recording section. It sounded great through powered monitors and the interface through protools was impressive.

If you plan on recording often and using protools I would get the eleven. I'm sure you could dial in a brutal tone or perhaps new amp models will be coming soon with a firmware upgrade.

If you don't plan on recording then stick with the pod. I've been quite happy running the pod through a power amp.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
alex wade from whitechapel said the eleven rack doesn´t do anything that the pod can´t do already, tone-wise. it´s probably a good unit, but it´s not good enough to justify replacing the pod. haven´t tried it myself, though.

Riffmagus

Reaction score
Well, I'm going to check it out in the coming weeks - I have just reached a crunch point with the POD modelling and lack of feel and dynamics.

Hell - I might even end up just getting a small tube amp such as a Blackstar - but I shall check out the Eleven with my Agile as for ever diss there is a glowing review.

Just let my ears be the judge.

')