Eleven Rack Thread

Levi79

Reaction score
I thought since there is an Axe-FX thread and a Pod HD thread we needed an Eleven Rack thread.

Eleven Rack info: Avid | Pro Tools + Eleven Rack
cw_800x481_elevenrackMAIN.jpg

Use this thread to discuss Eleven Rack stuff, share pics, share info, share patches, ask questions, share clips, whatever!

I'll start off!
Here's three clips of my Eleven Rack in action. Just a couple of songs of mine, recorded through the Eleven Rack with no post processing or anything, just straight up Eleven Rack Rectifier tone.
Originals by Levi79 on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
I have nothing to contribute as far as an Eleven Rack but I will say I really enjoyed your playing in clips!

mpb

Reaction score
Well I will say that its easy to get a good tone, it has a nice tube amp-like feel and it makes me want to play more often which is a good thing. A lot of nice presets available courtesy of benoni at the avid guitar forum. I'm thinking of using it for some tracks on my band's album, or at the least using it to record simulated and raw tracks for later re-amping. I think I read that Fred the Shred used it on his new album but he may chime in himself.. It would be nice if it had a few more high gain amps and cabs but the included amps are good. No user defined impulses, but I recently tried turning off speaker sim and putting recabinet on a track which offers a lot of possibilities. I don't use it live so can't comment on that aspect. And the feature where it embeds its settings into pro-tools tracks is nice.

Levi79

Reaction score
Come on. There has to be more than 2 Eleven Rack users on here!

Sunlit Omega

Chaos Engineer
Contributor
Reaction score
I am seriously considering buying the rack. I've used the plug-in for awhile now and giving my satisfaction with it vs. the price of an axe-fx I believe the Eleven Rack will be te way to go. :lol:

Levi79

Reaction score
Go for it man. I used to have a Pod HD500 and this is MILES ahead of it in terms of tone. After I had the Eleven for a couple weeks I plugged in the Pod just too see and almost found the tone un-usable. The Pod definitely has alot more features, but Eleven Rack is very superior tonewise which is what matters most IMO.

ZEBOV

Banned
Reaction score
I thought since there is an Axe-FX thread and a Pod HD thread we needed an Eleven Rack thread.

Eleven Rack info: Avid | Pro Tools + Eleven Rack
Use this thread to discuss Eleven Rack stuff, share pics, share info, share patches, ask questions, share clips, whatever!

I'll start off!
Here's three clips of my Eleven Rack in action. Just a couple of songs of mine, recorded through the Eleven Rack with no post processing or anything, just straight up Eleven Rack Rectifier tone.
Originals by Levi79 on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

How exactly was the Eleven Rack plugged into your computer?

Sonicboom

Reaction score
Another happy 11R user here:wavey:

I was saving up for a used AxeFx standard but I got an insane deal on 11R. I thought if I don't like it I can always flip it . . . well, after some frustration with getting the expansion pack loaded I got everything up and running.

The 11R does feel like a real amp due to the way the input is totally analog and responds like a real amp does. More amps and effects would be nice but hey, I can do everything I need to with what is on here after the Expansion pack upgrade.

It connect to your PC via USB if you are using ProTools. Then you can access the edit function and so on. If you are using Reaper just use your Line out L/R.

It is easy to edit and sounds good. Check out some Youtube vids.

To me at least it sounds more organic and better than Line6.
Not dissing Line6 or Axe-Fx . . . just saying

:hbang:

pitbulltodd

Reaction score
dave reeves (dingle) recorded his whole cd with the elevan rack and the tones on his cd are awesome.

flint757

Reaction score
I'm an 11R owner. I love it thus far. The effects and amp sim's are amazing although I found the compressor and OD to be lacking. I don't have the expansion though so that may have been fixed.

I agree there needs to be this thread. Even online not a whole lot of content. When I get a chance I'll record something and post it. What I can say is it sounds amazing through my Mark IV and a lot quieter too than just playing through the Mark ( Mark gets a little bit of static when the volume goes up not a huge deal). Through PA it sounds good, but it sounded better through my amp IMO. That seems to be normal with all processors though so not surprised.

atimoc

deus ex machina
Contributor
Reaction score
I really like the 11R, for me it has just the right amount of options - enough to be versatile but not too much so that it becomes a burden. I sold my X3 Live because I didn't really like that while there were a huge amount of features, they also required a lot of tweaking to sound good to my liking. 11R is much more plug and play (and the user interface is smoother, which helps too).

The Bogner models of the expansion pack are currently my favorites. Green and Blue with a tube screamer in front give really nice slightly overdriven tones. IMO Red can do the extremes very well, and same goes for the Recto model, so I don't really understand why many people say that the 11R doesn't have enough gain on tap.

flint757

Reaction score
I really like the 11R, for me it has just the right amount of options - enough to be versatile but not too much so that it becomes a burden. I sold my X3 Live because I didn't really like that while there were a huge amount of features, they also required a lot of tweaking to sound good to my liking. 11R is much more plug and play (and the user interface is smoother, which helps too).

The Bogner models of the expansion pack are currently my favorites. Green and Blue with a tube screamer in front give really nice slightly overdriven tones. IMO Red can do the extremes very well, and same goes for the Recto model, so I don't really understand why many people say that the 11R doesn't have enough gain on tap.

I've heard that from a lot of people. I don't have the money ATM but I've been really wanting the expansion pack.

Levi79

Reaction score
Who thinks the expansion pack is worth it? I think it's kind of bogus that you have to pay $100 for it after you've already bought the 11R. I don't really feel limited with the tones I'm getting now, but I'm curious what kind of high gain tones you can get with the expansion. Anyone have/wanna make clips?

pitbulltodd

Reaction score
i can't tell from personal experience but from what i've been told the exp pack is well worth the money

Reaction score
My buddy just got his from Sweetwater the other day and I must admit I am jealous. We are hopefully gonna get some recordings done with it soon (as soon as we can figure out how the hell to use Pro Tools; I am a Logic Pro dude :lol:)

')