Eleven Rack Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TimSE

Tone Chasr
Contributor
Reaction score
I think the Expansion Pack is definitely worth the money. Dealing with Avid though is a pain in the ass!

Holy shit. I have to deal with avid for a job (music retail) they are by far the most useless sales team imaginable. Their products are worth the fuss though. I would have one of these if i knew it could do my Boss GT8s "Auto pad" sound. which I use for everything :lol:

Levi79

Reaction score
I think the expansion pack is a good deal - more & better amps, parametric eq and speaker breakup. (nb Expansion pack comes installed on newer units and now with pro tools 10 full version too.)

Here's a link to some stuff by Benoni

A is A - Eleven Rack Custom Rigs - Down-tuned Metal - YouTube
dave reeves (dingle) recorded his whole cd with the elevan rack and the tones on his cd are awesome.

These are both good tones and do demonstrate that the 11R can easily more than handle metal stuff, but if these used the expansion, it really doesn't have me convinced. I might seem like a total douche for saying this or whatever, but I honestly think I get just as good or better tone than these guys already. :shrug:

That's another thing about the expansion. If it comes free on the newer units why should we have to pay $100 for it to put it on the older ones? I'd be fine with paying $25 or something, but $100 is a good chunk of cash.

Also, I'm glad this thread picked up! :hbang::agreed:

pitbulltodd

Reaction score
These are both good tones and do demonstrate that the 11R can easily more than handle metal stuff, but if these used the expansion, it really doesn't have me convinced. I might seem like a total douche for saying this or whatever, but I honestly think I get just as good or better tone than these guys already. :shrug:
dave reeves didn't use the expansion pack for his cd and you're not a douche, LOL. great thread by the way.

Sonicboom

Reaction score
Yup, That patch wasn't with the Expansion. I'm sure the AxeFx is a lot more machine and amps and effects and so on. I would love one, but . . . I got my 11R for way less than retail and an AxeFx would cost me more than double the price. Good unit that is very user friendly and has some killer sounds. Make your own patches, or download some from the user forum. the presets aren't all that good.

Levi79

Reaction score
For sure. For the going price of an Axe FX vs. going price of an 11R new or used, the 11R really can't be beat. If you could get an Axe for the same price or maybe a couple hundred more it might be worth it....

Speaking of that.... I might be betraying this thread already. Even though I created it haha.

ZEBOV

Banned
Reaction score
^GTFO traitor!

JK...
I'm about to pull the trigger on a Carvin bass. Does the 11R have anything for bass? If not, no big deal since I have a (rare) bass amp.

atimoc

deus ex machina
Contributor
Reaction score
The expansion pack has one Ampeg model, this guy made a demo vid about it.

The guy has a bunch of cool other 11R videos as well, I wonder if he posts here?

benjaminbuisine

Reaction score
I just start guitar tracking yesterday with my 11R. First feelings : AWESOME!

Just plug and play in your DAW (I use FL10). Can wait to track a entire song (gtr/ bass/ keys /vox)

Blind Theory

Reaction score
Yes it does. I am going to get one here in a month or so. The video by Dingle1 on Youtube of him going through metal presets alone makes me want one. The tones he got with the Diezel VH4 and Bogner Ubershall presets are the ones that got me all excited.

lurgar

Reaction score
I'm *this* close to securing mine. Can't wait to get it and start making some tones.

Blind Theory

Reaction score
Well, after talking with my parentals, I don't have to pay my wee little rent until my second check of the month so I am ordering my Eleven Rack tomorrow. I am excited like a crazy bastard! My first rack unit/quality amp is making me happy and I don't even have it yet.:lol:

pitbulltodd

Reaction score
Well, after talking with my parentals, I don't have to pay my wee little rent until my second check of the month so I am ordering my Eleven Rack tomorrow. I am excited like a crazy bastard! My first rack unit/quality amp is making me happy and I don't even have it yet.:lol:

let us know what u think after u get it.

Blind Theory

Reaction score
I definitely will make sure to do that. My next check I plan on buying the expansion pack for it as well. I will try to get some stuff recorded in the next week or two depending on when I get the 11R.

lurgar

Reaction score
If you order an Eleven Rack new now, it should come with the expansion pack already. If it doesn't, then when you register it they'll email you a download code for it.

')