Eleven Rack Thread

WolleK

Reaction score
... i see

Scrolled through the presets of the user group, found this

SoundClick artist: VaiSatchAtrucci - page with MP3 music downloads

For me one of the best examples what the eleven rack can sound like (not the shitty TKing demo on youtube for example)

just 2 weeks left learning, than i will take my guitars back from my parents home and rock the shit out of the 11R.... i have it right in front of me while learning- its my way of keep motivation up

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

matt-in-mn

Reaction score
Can the 11R be ran into a Poweramp and used live with a midi pedal to switch effects on/off and such? If so I might be kinda bummed I ordered my new Blackstar HT 100 head three days ago lol..:scratch::scratch:

flint757

Reaction score
Can the 11R be ran into a Poweramp and used live with a midi pedal to switch effects on/off and such? If so I might be kinda bummed I ordered my new Blackstar HT 100 head three days ago lol..:scratch::scratch:

yes it can so be bummed be very bummed :lol:

atimoc

deus ex machina
Contributor
Reaction score
Speaking of power amps, do any of you guys run a rack with 11R + a power amp in it, and how is it treating you? I'm entertaining the thought of getting a Rocktron Velocity or some other budget-friendly alternative and sometimes using the 11R live instead of my H&K head + G-major.

flint757

Reaction score
Speaking of power amps, do any of you guys run a rack with 11R + a power amp in it, and how is it treating you? I'm entertaining the thought of getting a Rocktron Velocity or some other budget-friendly alternative and sometimes using the 11R live instead of my H&K head + G-major.

I run mine through my Mark IV's power section. Sounds awesome to me although i still need to tweak a little.

mpb

Reaction score
Bought your album download Fred - very melodic and of course some great shredding there, I've been listening to it on repeat. Its great to hear what can be achieved using the 11R too.

Levi79

Reaction score
Man, I've been enjoying the PodHD but a lot of these tones I"m hearing sound much, much nicer. To be honest, I would not mind simplifying the rig a little bit. I've got some good tones out of the POD but it requires quite a bit of work.

Can anyone comment on the Mark II model in the 11 rack? The stuff I've heard sounds pretty fantastic for lead work. If I had to cite a major problem for me with the PodHD, its in trying to get a nice, flowing lead tone. I've got rhythm tones out the wazoo, but have not had a whole mess of success getting a lead tone I really like.
I really liked the Mark II model on the Eleven Rack. It was way tighter and more present than the Recto, but I mainly used the recto cause it could achieve that high midrange bite without sounding shrill. For "dejnty" er stuff I liked using my Mark II patch. I tried making it sound like an ENGL and it definitely got into that territory, which was cool. I also had a Mark II patch that was really close to a Petrucci Rhythm sound.

DespoticOrder

Slave Driver
Reaction score
I got mine yesterday! I'm far beyond happy with the tones! :hbang: I almost thought I was settling on it, because AxeFX is so expensive. It still may be true to an extent, but I didn't think it would sound so real! The hardest part is picking a tone, cause so many of them sound so fuckin full. AND THENNN no matter how you tweak the presets, they still sound amazing... Its going to take forever to pick a favorite tone for rhythms. I'm probably going to end up using different amps for left and right guitar. I'll have a mix with it within the next week or so. I just have to wait for another cable to come in! :bowdown:

mlancaster1

Reaction score
Ok thats it pod hd is getting sold and I am buying an 11r asap! Question though how well does it work with other interfaces? I want to use it with logic, but will I still get the same functionality? I was debating on using pro tools 10 but I just think logic is a way better decision. And also can I save presets on the rack itself like the pod? thanks

atimoc

deus ex machina
Contributor
Reaction score
If you don't use Pro Tools you have to tweak the patches from the 11R itself, i.e. you can't do it within the DAW. Not a huge deal IMO since the user interface is pretty smooth. The patches get saved inside the 11R either way.

mlancaster1

Reaction score
ok is that about the only difference? So just to be completely sure you can store presets on the actual rack if using it with logic but everything else should run smootly?

flint757

Reaction score
Yeah basically. you could even have protools up just for the sole purpose of tweaking. You may lose some functionality, but it would be minimal at best.

kerska

That guy...
Reaction score
So I've been using an Eleven Rack for about a year now. I actually just got a band going and me and our other guitar player are both going to be running these into Orange cabs. This is my first time every having a set up like this (preamp, power amp into a cab...I've always just used a head into a cab), and I'm wondering if anyone can give me a good suggestion for a power amp? I never really realized there we're differences in power amps until I just recently started doing some research and now I'm feeling overwhelmed. :scratch:

I don't really know if this is the correct thread to be posting this question in, but when I searched this seemed like the best place to put it. Can anyone give me maybe a good starting point for a power amp that will compliment the Eleven Rack well, or just some opinions or suggestions I can take into consideration while I start this research?

lurgar

Reaction score
Man, after playing for a couple of days I've noticed a lot of noise when I'm playing with a lot of gain. It's so much that while I love the tone, the noise that's there is driving me crazy. I'm actually going to plug the 11r into an amp that I have just to see if the noise still persists or not.

I've never really had this problem before but then again I just moved into an apartment a few months ago and haven't really had any devices plugged in to the walls yet, so I'm thinking that it could also be that I should look into getting a power conditioner.

flint757

Reaction score
Man, after playing for a couple of days I've noticed a lot of noise when I'm playing with a lot of gain. It's so much that while I love the tone, the noise that's there is driving me crazy. I'm actually going to plug the 11r into an amp that I have just to see if the noise still persists or not.

I've never really had this problem before but then again I just moved into an apartment a few months ago and haven't really had any devices plugged in to the walls yet, so I'm thinking that it could also be that I should look into getting a power conditioner.

That I actually agree with. My guitar into my Mesa has no fuzz. Plug guitar into 11r then into Mesa and bypassing all features I hear a hiss. Not noticable when I bypass the front of my amp and use the 11r as a preamp, but if I just go through it, it hisses. I haven't tried all that hard to remedy it, but if anyone has some suggestions that would be awesome.

lurgar

Reaction score
That I actually agree with. My guitar into my Mesa has no fuzz. Plug guitar into 11r then into Mesa and bypassing all features I hear a hiss. Not noticable when I bypass the front of my amp and use the 11r as a preamp, but if I just go through it, it hisses. I haven't tried all that hard to remedy it, but if anyone has some suggestions that would be awesome.

Well, I'm in the Houston area too. If I can nail it down, I can try to contact you and see if what I did works for you (ie, I get a power conditioner and it works, I can let you try it out to see if works for you).

flint757

Reaction score
Well, I'm in the Houston area too. If I can nail it down, I can try to contact you and see if what I did works for you (ie, I get a power conditioner and it works, I can let you try it out to see if works for you).

ya sounds good to me that probably would resolve it. Schools been hard so I just haven't spent a whole lot of time messing with it. My settings on my amp are even odd, but Ill figure it out eventually. :lol:

Blind Theory

Reaction score
I got nice and messed over with some unexpected and unforeseen billage so I won't be able to order mine until next Monday. Bummed about that but there ain't much I can do about it. After that I am going to buy the Rocktron Velocity 300 or which ever is the 100-150w power amp...then after that I am going to buy either some sort of Orange cabinet or a vader cabinet or something. So pretty much a month and a half from now I will have my full live rig ready to go!:hbang:

TheLotusEater725

Reaction score
After having spent some time researching this orange box i am seriously considering buying it and as such i have a few questions. It comes with everything i need for what i want to record and on top of it has numerous good reviews. Unfortunately i can't try one out at my local guitar center so i can't Compare an FRFR setup to a Power Amp + Cab setup.

Simply put: How does the 11R sound in an FRFR setup compared to a traditional cab and power amp setup? If the cabinet sims are good enough then i'll do the typical FOH with onstage FRFR monitor or Poweramp+cab.

What power amp works best with the 11R?
What Powered Monitor/speaker?
Can the Eleven rack do Synth sounds?

Thanks in advance!

')