Eleven Rack Thread

T-e-r-r-y

Reaction score
I'm going to give this a bump because the 11R got the Guitarist Choice award in the newest issue of Guitarist magazine!
I only got a quick look at the review earlier but I look forward to reading more about it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Blind Theory

Reaction score
Alright, so I am buying my 11r this week but I have some questions. Tomorrow I am picking up a Carvin 4x12 cab so I know I will need to buy a power amp to push it (rocktron 300 or whatever it is called). My only question is about the cables. I know when you buy a half stack with a tube head and 4x12 you need a speaker cable to connect the head to the cabinet. Do I need a speaker cable to connect the 11r to the power amp and then another one to connect the power amp to the cabinet or do I only need one speaker cable? If I only need one speaker cable, which part does it plug into? The power amp or the 11r? Kind of a noob question but I've played through combos from the beginning so I have no idea. Thanks!

lurgar

Reaction score
So this video has been making the rounds that indicates that Avid is still developing for the 11r

Russ Hughes Talks To Bobby Lombardi About Eleven Rack on Vimeo

I'm glad to hear it. Ever since I got the box I haven't done much besides download some presets, make a couple of my own presets, and then play play play. Been a long time since a piece of gear makes me actually want to play.

SomeGuy97

Reaction score
I think I might pick one of these up. Has anybody had or is anyone aware of any issues running it+PT10 on Windows 7?

I really, really, need to get back in to recording... Love the fact that I won't have to get a separate interface to do it.

lurgar

Reaction score
They come with PT10 now. I think actually PT10 requires Windows 7 now to run so I think you'll be good.

pingOMOG

Reaction score
i've been intrigued by this orange box
and the demos and videos are great, I just want to ask when the 11R is going through a poweramp (lets say velocity 300) and into a 2x12 cab does it feel like a tube amp?

I'm about to ditch my 5150 and get an 11R

T-e-r-r-y

Reaction score
Do I need a speaker cable to connect the 11r to the power amp and then another one to connect the power amp to the cabinet or do I only need one speaker cable? If I only need one speaker cable, which part does it plug into? The power amp or the 11r?

You only need one speaker cable, which runs from your power amp to your speaker cabinet.

You can connect the 11R to the power amp using a regular instrument cable (or two if you're kicking ass in stereo).

Hope that helps.

flint757

Reaction score

I had the same question because musiansfriend's has a digidesign 11r at the right price it confused me. lol As far as I know they aren't different because there is only one version of it, but I could be wrong.

As far as the multiamp thing not in the device itself, but I suppose you could in protools maybe.

sweetwater has protools 10 the 750 one probably doesn't

lurgar

Reaction score

Not really a difference that I can tell. With any of them you'll get the expansion pack and PT10 since any new purchase gets the upgrade once you register with Avid.

Avid has been a bit weird lately, but it appears that they're dropping the DigiDesign name and are branding it solely as Avid. Not a difference really but it just seems to be a marketing move.

atimoc

deus ex machina
Contributor
Reaction score
I got unexpectedly my hands on a Carvin TS100 tube poweramp in a trade last weekend. I've tried it + the 11R only at home volumes so far so that my neighbors won't kill me, but at least in those conditions the combination sounds really good. Very tube-like if you will, and certainly doesn't strike out as "OK, this is a digital modeller" when you listen to it. I'll try to bring the setup to our next practice session on thursday to see what it sounds like when cranked, if it works well this could be a hell of a portable gig rig.

SomeGuy97

Reaction score
Not really a difference that I can tell. With any of them you'll get the expansion pack and PT10 since any new purchase gets the upgrade once you register with Avid.

Avid has been a bit weird lately, but it appears that they're dropping the DigiDesign name and are branding it solely as Avid. Not a difference really but it just seems to be a marketing move.

I actually called about the MF one and it does NOT come with PT10. I was weary of buying it because it was 'used'- but he assured me it wasn't used, just something came off the packaging and it actually was still new (they can't re-sell anything with software) I was trying to snag it under their '________ day sale' and get an extra 15% off but they wouldn't do it because apparently when it comes to that criteria it IS a "used" item that they can't discount. LOL, so I called sweetwater and ordered one. MF will never sell that thing- it comes with the limited version of PT8 I believe.

Sweetwater fucked up though, and now all the 11R's are backordered like 3 weeks. Not stoked.

M_I_G

Vicious Wave
Reaction score
Have any of you 11r owners have problems with it when connecting it to the computer to use it with pro tools 10?

Sonicboom

Reaction score
Sorry, I do not have any recorded samples but you can definitely get a LOG rythm tone with the Mesa Mark 2 model, or even the SOD model with two Parametriq EQ's and a boost and you're done :D

Runander

Reaction score
Could you guys please upload some more clips of your Eleven Rack?

I'm starting to get really curious about this unit and it's capabilities :)

Alex6534

Reaction score
Hey guys do you's think this can pull off some Killswitch-esque tones? I'm after something more versatile than my Peavey 6534+ and cheaper haha. Any thought's would be appreciated. I've listened to Dingle1's metal tones and although I like them I'm unsure how the 11R will sound in a live situation. Thanks!

')