Eleven Rack Thread

pitbulltodd

Reaction score
Hey guys do you's think this can pull off some Killswitch-esque tones? I'm after something more versatile than my Peavey 6534+ and cheaper haha. Any thought's would be appreciated. I've listened to Dingle1's metal tones and although I like them I'm unsure how the 11R will sound in a live situation. Thanks!

this was the first preset i made on my eleven rack and was trying to get a KSE type of tone.

Kse-anything-3 by PitbullTodd on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ZEBOV

Banned
Reaction score
Have any of you 11r owners have problems with it when connecting it to the computer to use it with pro tools 10?

Mine didn't come with PT10. It was an earlier version, and I can't even install it. Therefore, I can't plug in with a USB cable. I have to buy a separate interface for what is already supposed to be an interface.

lurgar

Reaction score
Mine didn't come with PT10. It was an earlier version, and I can't even install it. Therefore, I can't plug in with a USB cable. I have to buy a separate interface for what is already supposed to be an interface.

When did you buy it? If it was recently, you might qualify for the free upgrade to PT10 and the expansion pack.

klinic

Reaction score
Got an Eleven Rack coming in a few days. Using it as an interface for vocals and modelling for guitar. Doing a project with my girlfriend, just writing, singing and playing together for fun. Very much looking forward to it.

flint757

Reaction score

Just go to Avids website and download the drivers then it will work with nearly any recording software. (theoretically) You don't need protools for it to work just drivers. (like all USB products)

SDSM

Reaction score
The Eleven Rack does sound pretty good, however its giving me hell with my SC-607B guitar. No matter how much I back off on the pre gain and fool around with the noise gates, I cannot get rid of the noise in between notes...For example, a kind of hiss that pops up when Im playing start/stop riffs. Any tips? I know I have heard about other people having the same problems. I have played cheaper guitars through cheaper processors and have had complete silence in between.

Any help or advice would be appreciated. I really want to love this rack like all of you but its frustrating the hell out of me!

Raf_666

Reaction score
The Eleven Rack does sound pretty good, however its giving me hell with my SC-607B guitar. No matter how much I back off on the pre gain and fool around with the noise gates, I cannot get rid of the noise in between notes...For example, a kind of hiss that pops up when Im playing start/stop riffs. Any tips? I know I have heard about other people having the same problems. I have played cheaper guitars through cheaper processors and have had complete silence in between.

Any help or advice would be appreciated. I really want to love this rack like all of you but its frustrating the hell out of me!

Maybe stupid but did you try the hum switch in the back ? cables ?

R

SDSM

Reaction score
I run it straight into pro tools via the USB cord with my guitar plugged straight into the true z input. At the moment I'm using headphones to monitor. Unfortunately my six string is busted up and needs to be fixed so I am unable to try out another guitar to see if that's the problem. Some tell me it's because of the active pickups but I have read of plenty of EMG users swearing by this machine.

mpb

Reaction score
More aggressive gate settings tend to help but you may just be hearing the modelled amp noise. I find the SLO-100 to be pretty noisy and hard to get rid of the hiss with the built in gate. But switch to the SOD modern which is very similar and there is less noise. Its good to record a direct signal at the same time (for reamping later if required), then you can also observe how the direct note goes dead while the hiss on the modelled track continues.
The other thing being once the track is thrown in a mix the noise is less obvious..

SDSM

Reaction score
Just tried my guitar with the guitar Rig 5 demo and there wasn't any noise...I just dont think the rack agrees with the SC lol

SDSM

Reaction score
Just tried my guitar with the guitar Rig 5 demo and there wasn't any noise...I just dont think the rack agrees with the SC lol
I wonder if it has something to do with the way the pick ups are placed on the SC-607B, how your always picking directly above it....

SDSM

Reaction score

Oh hang on, theres still some background noise....This is frustrating the hell out of me...

refusetofall87

Reaction score
Racks like this always intrigue me, it looks like it has a lot of versatility. I'll check out the videos when I get home.

Chris O

Not The Dude...
Reaction score
I really thought mine was awesome until I got my first AxeFx. I sold it. Now that I'm re-committed to modeling gear, I plan on picking up another to have as a backup to my Axe2. I like it much better than any Line 6 stuff, as well as the GSP1101. It's also arguably easier to use than the Axe - at least as a direct tool and not using an editor. I prefer it to the Pod HD as well, as the amps in the 11R are more to my liking. The HD came up short there - at least for me.

Powermetalbass

Powermetalbassist
Reaction score
I know it has the old 60's ampeg bass sound, but wondering where I can find more bass tones and if any solid state sounds are available. Might look into this as a rig as oppose to my 8 unit beast I have now.

ZEBOV

Banned
Reaction score
Just go to Avids website and download the drivers then it will work with nearly any recording software. (theoretically) You don't need protools for it to work just drivers. (like all USB products)

The drivers didn't work with my computer. It just wouldn't interface. :(

flint757

Reaction score
hmmm It is possible that it is messed up, but I don't know. I would need to be in the room with it to know for sure what's up.

OpenSea

Autotunes his farts.
Reaction score
I must be the only person who had an eleven rack and disliked it.

I found the clean and moderately overdriven tones to be utterly fantastic, even the onboard effects were superb (the reverb and delay in particular). High gain for me was just out of the question, however. I understand people seem to get decent tones out of it, but for me it just wasn't even close to what I wanted to hear. I found it to have unusable amounts of low end flub that no matter what just wouldn't tighten up. That said, the integration with pro tools was fantastic, the UI was great, standalone operation was great, and linking audio clips to amp settings for later recollection was really really cool.

In the end I went back to revalver for my modeling needs. Infinitely more tweakable.

Also, not having a custom IR loader is an absolutely crippling shortcoming IMO.

')