Eleven Rack Thread

danresn

Reaction score
Its just certain cabs that have low end problems. The parametric EQ is also really useful for that as well, it just takes a very quick HPF to cut off any low end problems.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I have an Eleven rack and have had many people syaing that they think it sucks for Death Metal and stuff like that and I sincerly disagree. I have developed a killer metal tone that has balls to it and when you want to solo it sounds great. A lot of people expect to be able to just flip on a piece of gear like this, turn up the gain and the bass and boost the pressance and bam you have a killer heavy tone. Well, this isn't a 5150, this requires some more time and a lot of attention to detail in order to dial in tone. I will say that this piece of gear was frustrting at first and if you're very impatient and don't want to spend a lot of time working with your tone than you probably shouldn't purchase this piece of equipment. My reccomendation to people looking for a bright metal tone would be to start with the Mesa Rec Modern and throw a Tubescreamer in front of it in the chain and an EQ after the amp and the cab. That's what I did and its solid. Hope this helps a little folks.

SDSM

Reaction score
I agree man, there's some great tones on this thing but when it comes to heavy hi gain time it drives me insane. Maybe it doesn't like my SC-607b, I dont know....

Given To Fly

Reaction score
I have downloaded most of my high gain tones from Eleven Rack and tweaked them. I use active/passive pickups and they both work well. It seems the parametric EQ is a necessity; especially for high gain sounds. Unfortunately, given the nature of parametric EQ's, its the most complex and time consuming effect to tweak on the Eleven Rack.

Reaction score
I use the 4X12 cab i am pretty sure. I havent fired mine up for a few days so i am not 100% but i found that it givs a pretty warm sund with that amp and does'nt take anything away from the tone or get distorted or crackly when turned up

The Honorable

Reaction score
I've had the 11R practically since it came out and I have to say I disagree with most what has been said in this thread. Clean and overdriven tones sound fantastic but anything high gain sounds thin to me. Maybe it's just me but I have yet to find a tone with the "umph" that a simple head and cab pairing provides.

Anyone have a good power amp recommendation? I reallyyyy don't want to sell my 11R seeing as I'll probably lose $500ish on it but the 5150 III 50w is damn tempting.

flint757

Reaction score
^^^that is actually the opinion of a lot of people. I'd have to agree as well honestly. That being said it does what it does well at its price point. My kemper and axe-fx do it better, but at triple the price point and my Mark IV does it better at double. It seems like there is too much compression maybe IDK,,,

Given To Fly

Reaction score
I agree about the lack of "umff." I mainly play through headphones ( apartment dweller) but when I have plugged it into an amp or PA, the sound is difficult to describe. "Transparent" might be the best way; it's loud and covers a wide frequency spectrum, but it sounds like a recorded, mixed, mastered guitar amp rather than an actual amp. This isn't necessarily bad seeing as recording directly to ProTools is a major part of it's purpose and I have only played it through P.A's and practice amps. With a tube power amp I imagine it gains some "umff."

flint757

Reaction score
Well that is what it is supposed to sound like, same with axe-fx. You could eliminate the cab, mic and power amp and run it through a power amp and cab setup, that would probably add some umff back.

The Honorable

Reaction score
Well that is what it is supposed to sound like, same with axe-fx. You could eliminate the cab, mic and power amp and run it through a power amp and cab setup, that would probably add some umff back.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking of doing. Recording I guess isn't too bad... Once I layer on a 2nd track it starts to sound good right away. Specifically I was talking about when just playing through studio speakers because that is mainly what I use it for while jamming alone.

I'm just undecided over whether I should spend money a power amp and 2x12 for the 11R.... or sell the 11R and put that money towards a whole new amp.

flint757

Reaction score
Yeah that's what I'm thinking of doing. Recording I guess isn't too bad... Once I layer on a 2nd track it starts to sound good right away. Specifically I was talking about when just playing through studio speakers because that is mainly what I use it for while jamming alone.

I'm just undecided over whether I should spend money a power amp and 2x12 for the 11R.... or sell the 11R and put that money towards a whole new amp.

Well if you don't record a lot nor like pro tools and only have one or two tones you like getting an amp isn't a bad idea at all actually.

Thyber

Reaction score
I actually got a too heavy sound (I dubbed it Metal Mesa) on 11 Rack, had to temper the gain a bit :). Went full blown chugga chugga where I wanted a cool thrash sound.

Are there any 11rack patch websites? I tried searching but nothing really user-friendly?

Plus => Will a non modded Behringer midi-footswitch do the trick or do I have to get that chip mod?

flint757

Reaction score
That is the basic FCB1010 so it should work just fine. There a few chips out there (one specifically for the 11R actually) that would make programming hassle free. The difference is literally ease of use, but they all should work.

DespoticOrder

Slave Driver
Reaction score
RESURECTIONNNN! So I hear Avid has some big news for NAMM 2013, which is at the end of this month. I'm hoping its an Eleven Rack 2! Or at least a super patch or something for the first model. I've been digging around for any info, but nothings turned up yet.

facepalm66

The Master of Joints
Reaction score
So since i got hooked up on the 11r and thinking of getting one, here are several questions from you, dear owners.. btw, i'm a total noob on this one, so don't me ubermad.

1) So are there atleast 2 hi gain amps that sound good?
2) Does the expansion pack save in the 11r itself or it's a PC software?
3) Does it sound as good without the expansion pack or is it a 'mandatory' to get one?
4) How many bass amps are in there and the quality of tone?

And if they will make a new 11r model, hopefully they wont do the same thing like the axe fx, making the older purchases mostly useless, with 0 updates etc.

DespoticOrder

Slave Driver
Reaction score
So since i got hooked up on the 11r and thinking of getting one, here are several questions from you, dear owners.. btw, i'm a total noob on this one, so don't me ubermad.

1) So are there atleast 2 hi gain amps that sound good?
2) Does the expansion pack save in the 11r itself or it's a PC software?
3) Does it sound as good without the expansion pack or is it a 'mandatory' to get one?
4) How many bass amps are in there and the quality of tone?

And if they will make a new 11r model, hopefully they wont do the same thing like the axe fx, making the older purchases mostly useless, with 0 updates etc.

Yeah, there are a few high gain amps that sound good. The link in my sig was done on it if you wanna check it out!

The expansion saves onto the 11R.

There are still good amps without the expansion, but I find that the rig I'm using most actually requires the expansion though.

I'm not sure exactly how many bass amps there are on there, but there are least a few good ones. Guitar heads also work very well as bass heads as long as you still use a bass cab, so there should be plenty of options there!

')