Poly or nano

• Polyweb

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Nanoweb

Votes: 20 83.3%

• Total voters

Metal671

Reaction score
Ok this thread is for all you elixir fans out there. I don't give a F*** about your opinions on non coated strings being better than coated. All I want to know is which elixir you prefer... Polyweb or nanoweb. Rock on folks and happy holidays. :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Griffinator

Reaction score
I preferred the Nanowebs when I used them. The coating is much lighter on them compared to the Ployweb and I found they felt a lot better.

Djentliman

wants a diff name!
Reaction score
Polywebs because the nanowebs coating just wasn't thick enough for my taste. If I want a coated string, I want the coating to be noticable and I could't really feel a difference in the nanowebs. I like the silky smoothness that I get from them. I do only play elixer for my acoustics but the concept is the same.

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I tried polyweb first, and the coating was way too thick for my taste. Nanowebs are nicer feeling and if I remember correctly, I think they were clearer/brighter aswell.

Alphanumeric

Reaction score
Nano.

The Poly is too slippy and there's some weird ringy harmomics on chords/chugs if you are a hard picker.

')