EMG 707 Alternatives?

• Thread starter Jedi Pirate
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jedi Pirate

Reaction score
Yes, I don't really like my 707's on my Schecter c-7 hellraiser. The neck pickup is horrible for those low notes, but good for high notes, but the bridge pickup is ridiculous (as in bad) on those high notes, but good on the low notes. Maybe the wirings or something is wrong.
But anyway, can anyone suggest some other pickups I can use? Ones that are even and not bad? Would dimarzio be any good? Like petrucci's pickups or something? Thanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rockerjeff

Reaction score
Seymour Duncan Blackouts are another alternative. You may want to verify the wiring is done correctly, and also test if the 9V battery is still good.

Haunted Cereal

I am Sammy Jankis
Reaction score
Try adjusting the pickup heights and batteries, wiring etc. Also if you're expecting perfect tone from either pickup across the whole neck it's kind of an unreal expectation. That's why there's two pickups to switch between. Blackouts would be sick, i love mine but i'm also happy with the 707's in my C-7. They're very clear and articulate albeit compressed, i love the neck for leads and cleans and the bridge is very precise for high gain riffage. Of course i don't know what issues you're describing without being there to hear it and play it but try working with what you have before unnecessarily spending money and changing out anything.

Metal_Late

Reaction score
I had my Hellraiser´s TOM a bit high, like a half inch away from strings.
Comparing that with my loomis fr, sound is almost dead and suistain just isn´t there.

Yesterday before going to play with bandmates I lowered the TOM and wow!
This thing came alive, now it plays and sounds killer like it should be :shred:

Try raising bridge pup.