EMG 808...what's that?

• Thread starter noodles
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Seems Ibanez has an EMG pickup that the owner of EMG doesn't even know about. I got this in an e-mail from Rob at KxK:

By the way, Rob (owner of EMG) say's there is no 808 EMG. They had no idea about it and had to go over to the ibanez booth to take a look. Must be a 45DC.

Ibanez must have pulled the number out of their ass. :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ElRay

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Seems Ibanez has an EMG pickup that the owner of EMG doesn't even know about. I got this in an e-mail from Rob at KxK:
By the way, Rob (owner of EMG) say's there is no 808 EMG. They had no idea about it and had to go over to the ibanez booth to take a look. Must be a 45DC.
Ibanez must have pulled the number out of their ass. :lol:
Check over in the Pick-ups forum. There's a thread started there about the 808's. I got some minimal info from EMG's Sales folks.

Basically, it's still in development. Might be shipping by the Spring. It's targeted to sound like a 707 and is in the 40DC (~4" package) enclosure.

The 45DC (~4.5" package) is a 6-String bass pick-up with an expanded high-end. Blackmachine and a few others use it in their multi-scale (Fanned-Fret is trademarked, you know) guitars. I don't know how good the high-end on the 45DC really is. I couldn't get any subjective comparison from the EMG guy, so we'll have to wait and see how much of a difference there is between the 40DC (5-string version of the 45DC's) and the 808's.

W4D from Halo (El Presidente?) was also talking about the 808 and said that he's compared it with the Teslas that were already in the prototype Halo8 and decided to switch to the 808's, even after Telsa made some changes that were requested. Admittedly, the decision not to switch back could be based on $'s more than performance, but who knows.

Ray

Rob_KxK

Reaction score
Ok, to see if their memory had returned since last Saturday
I called EMG to question about an 8 string pickup.

While I won't go into details, we should see 8 string guitar
pickups from EMG in about 6 weeks.

Rob

W4D

Bass Player
Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, to see if their memory had returned since last Saturday
I called EMG to question about an 8 string pickup.

While I won't go into details, we should see 8 string guitar
pickups from EMG in about 6 weeks.

Rob
I talked to EMG today and they said it will be ready soon. So they are going to be available. I got my pricing info and placed my orders.

Yes I did choose these above the TELSLA's, and for a couple of reasons. Price, Performance, and Name. The Tesla's were not bad. Just not what I wanted in the end for the eight string. I will be glad to send you sound samples of both, as soon as I get a player down here willing to give this beast a whirl.

oh and i love that "El Presidente" CRAP. LOL . . . Makes me feel like i am in the three amigos

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
it'll be interesting to see how specific after-market parts will do for a guitar that probably won't sell too much.

jtm45

Reaction score
No wonder Ibanez has had to put back the availability date on the RG2228.
I think GC are telling people they won't be shipping them until June or something.

W4D

Bass Player
Contributor
Reaction score
No wonder Ibanez has had to put back the availability date on the RG2228.
I think GC are telling people they won't be shipping them until June or something.

We are building per order. But they are all shipping in march. Chris will be getting his soon though. We got something done sooner for him.

philkilla

Baritone Maniac
Contributor
Reaction score
Mannnnn..... EMG is slack as hell. They still don't have 81-7's on the fuckin site!!!

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
I think that they did the tipical. Where says 45DC they crossed out with a red marker, and on the side they put "EMG808" :lol:

I can't wait to play the 8 Ibby.

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Mannnnn..... EMG is slack as hell. They still don't have 81-7's on the fuckin site!!!

Nah they aren't puting it on the site..I forget why..something to do with one offs or something Im pretty sure im wrong tho :lol:

guitarplayerone

Reaction score
Nah they aren't puting it on the site..I forget why..something to do with one offs or something Im pretty sure im wrong tho :lol:

theyre only built for this one site online... i forget which.. maybe guitarpartsdepot?
otherwise they only come in guitars... you cant get them through any other place

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
was this meant to be a bashing on ibanez or EMG? lol. Because the 808's are coming out...as said...not yet though. 8 string ibanez! i can't wait! i hope it lives up to the hype! ibanez are godly though, i have faith :hbang:

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Geez, look at 'em, pretending like they have no idea what it is. :squint:

')