EMG active 707-TW pickups

jds93

Reaction score
does anyone know if the EMG active 707-TW pickups are worth getting i am going to buy a schecter hellraiser c-7 sevenstring and it comes with these pick ups i play in drop a and use a .70 for my a string are these pick ups and this guitar the brutalness i need?:wallbash:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TimSE

Tone Chasr
Contributor
Reaction score
yes

/thread

har har but seriously folks, the TWs are fan-fucking-tastic! really the best pickups out there imho (being an emg player) every guitar i ave has tws and every guitar i get will have them

groph

Reaction score
No experience with EMG 7 string pickups, but on paper the TW's are great cause you can get the coil tap going on for a massive range of tones, especially with cleans. I do have experience with the EMG 81, and it's currently my favorite. It'll give your amp more kick, you'll have a more clear and present attack. Some say they sound "sterile" but I happen to like that. Your tone is just sort of "uncolored" by the pickup when you have actives due to their design*

* I'm not a pickup expert and I'm not trying to make generalizations based on whether pickup X is active or not. There are "sterile" sounding passives out there, I'm sure.

danenachtrieb

TheGuiltyUnpunished
Reaction score
im telling you dude, put an emg 81-7 in the bridge and an emg 707-tw in the neck. sweeps are nuts on that neck pickup. it splits from active humbucker to active single coil.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
I like splitting the bridge, gives more presence and bite when palm muting. I have a JB in my M207 and its nice having them both set to tap. I dont play it as often as the F207 with 707's. When I put the F down and pick up the M its like I'm playing on a rubber guitar, too scooped and not half the attack. I really gotta get actives into it. How do the TW's tap, do they have a push-pull volume pot?

danenachtrieb

TheGuiltyUnpunished
Reaction score
I like splitting the bridge, gives more presence and bite when palm muting. I have a JB in my M207 and its nice having them both set to tap. I dont play it as often as the F207 with 707's. When I put the F down and pick up the M its like I'm playing on a rubber guitar, too scooped and not half the attack. I really gotta get actives into it. How do the TW's tap, do they have a push-pull volume pot?

yeah they got a push-pull volume pot.

jds93

Reaction score
what are better bridge pick ups for drop A tuning and playinf deathcore style metal the 707's or the 81-7?

matty2fatty

Reaction score
I have a schecter with the dual 707tw setup like you're talking about and I would actually advise against them if possible. The neck pickup sounds great, but I'm really, really unhappy with the bridge pickup. I just find that the bridge position 707 is really brittle, or something..its hard to explain but I just don't care for it. Also, if you're playing mostly heavy stuff I can guarantee you'll never use the tap feature. To my ears it basically sounds like it reduces the output of the pickups and has no other tonal effect.....you can basically turn the volume down and it will sound the same.

As soon as I can get some cash together I'll be getting blackouts to try, and you may want to do the same.

my 2 cents.

Reaction score
im not dissagreeing with you just asking, but split in the bridge? when would you need that?

With 2 TW's, install them so that the single coils are on the outside, and wire up the switch so that the center position selects both single coils = SUPREME GORGEOUS CLEAN TONE.

')