EMG to bareknuckel?

• Thread starter rob_707
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rob_707

but will it Bethesda?
Reaction score
hey everyone, I just got my new cort EVL K47B:shred: which i will do a review on later, but my question to you all is this!

Will the bareknuckle pickups fill a cavity as big as the EMG? i know seymour duncan black outs do, but i dont like them. i really dont want to be drilling any holes into this guitar that i just got and i will be finding out soon enough it may be the first in canada. or at least ontario!:hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

espman

Is beardless....
Reaction score
They'll fit, but won't fill the entire cavity. I'd suggest you get some conversion rings, or EMG style covers, both of which can be found on fretsonthenet.com

BabUShka

Reaction score
How about the big size Lungren M7? Heard great stuff about those pickups.. Listen to Meshuggah.

rob_707

but will it Bethesda?
Reaction score
well i like the rings but man i really dont want to drill holes in my guitar, to bad they didnt just like snap in or something.

arent lundgrens the same size as a normal pickup?

BabUShka

Reaction score
I havent tried them myself, but i've heard they come on regular and oversized EMG-size ;)

Sikthness

Reaction score
I came here to post this very same question. I have a Hellraiser 6 string (don't know if there are ER versions or not), and even though a lot of people hate on the EMGs, they aren't bad with a little tweaking. Anyway, I have a Line 6 spider IV amp, and I have a few issues.
For starts, I have played around with the 'Insane' setting, which is what I usually play with. The bass sound great, such as with palm muted chugging. If I'm sticking to chugging on the C string (tuned drop C), it sounds awesome. However, playing on any other string seems to sound like it would if you were to hear me playing from the other room, if that makes sense.
Overall I'm kinda disappointed with my tone to say the least. So I was wondering if some BKP would be a noticeable improvement.
Also, do they come in the same size as the EMGs? I am not willing to do any drilling. And if they fit, but don't fill the cavity, is this a problem sound wise? Maybe a newb question but I have never swapped out pickups before, so the thought of pickup size never entered my mind.
Any answers or help would be appreciated, except "EMGs suck, buy BKP tonight!"

BabUShka

Reaction score
Also, do they come in the same size as the EMGs?

6string EMG's are regular humbucker-size. So your good to go. No drilling.
But you'll have to rewire your guitar though. New pots and perhaps switch too. Changing pickups always makes a difference in sound. If it's an improvement or not, its up to you to tell us ;)

')