EMG Tone Chart?

• Thread starter GunnarJames
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GunnarJames

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I can't seem to find any sort of tone chart for EMGs like Duncan and Dimarzio have on their sites. Specifically, I'm looking for the 57-8H and the 66-8H. Most PAF style pickups (that I've seen anyway) are usually a little bit scooped, which I tend to not like (I love my mids!). I'm also usually a passive guy but want to give these a try because they seem pretty cool and I feel actives will work better for what I'm doing on the guitar I'd be putting them in.

Any ideas?

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I don't have an answer for you, but I would also like to know how the eq is on these pickups, or how they compare to existing EMG's like 85/81/707/etc

JMP2203

Reaction score
i have 81-7, 85-7, 57-7 and have tested 707, i say

low: 5.5
low-mid: 5
hi-mid: 6
hi: 7

low: 7
low-mid: 6
hi-mid: 5
hi: 6

low: 5
low-mid: 4.5
hi-mid: 6.5
hi: 7

low: 6
low-mid: 5.5
hi-mid: 6
hi: 6

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GunnarJames

Reaction score
Hmm, if that's a pretty true representation then I'm sure I'd be pretty happy. I've only heard good things about them so far.

It's weird that they don't have anything like this on their site, didn't they used to?

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Hmm, if that's a pretty true representation then I'm sure I'd be pretty happy. I've only heard good things about them so far.

It's weird that they don't have anything like this on their site, didn't they used to?

They have EQ ratings for their passive models but not their active ones :nuts:, which is super annoying.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
They had it on their website in their FAQ section years ago. I think they removed it because I can't seem to find it anymore.

Crazy. Did not know that. I do know the H3 is brighter than the sun in the middle of a desert, though.

GunnarJames

Reaction score
I went ahead and took my chances on the 57-8H/66-8H, I will report back when they arrive and I get them in my guitar!