Emgs in a ibanez 3120

• Thread starter Orionsbelt456
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Orionsbelt456

Reaction score
Will emg pickups fit in my ibanez 3120 without any extra routing? Also will they sit right in the cavity knowing its going to be direct mount. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
My only complaint is that the snare sounds too thin. Maybe beef up the low end on it. Otherwise, this is pretty damn good for EZDrummer

NEW EMG PICKUPS. NOW FOR DRUMS SO YOUR DRUMS CAN SOUND JUST AS BR00TALZ AS YOUR EMG 81 :hbang:

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
Will emg pickups fit in my ibanez 3120 without any extra routing? Also will they sit right in the cavity knowing its going to be direct mount. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

You'll have to rout out a bit from the edges and corners of the pickup cavity, but the height shouldn't be a problem IIRC.

Yo_Wattup

Kick the Butterfly
Reaction score
My only complaint is that the snare sounds too thin. Maybe beef up the low end on it. Otherwise, this is pretty damn good for EZDrummer

631459-2170431_look_at_him_look_at_him_and_laugh.gif

Damus

Low B for better =D
Reaction score
If your asking for help id say steer clear of EMG's. But yes generally routing needs to happen on guitars like that...

Brazen44

Reaction score
When I put EMG's in my RG3120, I had to route out a little channel to accommodate the bridge pickup's quick connect clip. The neck pickup cavity is deeper so an EMG (w/ quick connect) dropped right in. I also had to shave off a bit of the ears since the guitar was made with Dimarzios in mind.

')