EMGs In a Stagemaster VII?!?!?

• Thread starter JaxonWithAnX
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JaxonWithAnX

Shredder
Reaction score
Im gonna put some EMGs in this
Photo97.jpg

The only problem is i gotta make the pickup holes bigger to fit in the EMGs. and i dont have to to said mod if i get seymour duncan blackouts. the only problem is I HATE SEYMOUR DUNCANS with a fiery passion.:fawk:

WUT SHOULD I DO?!???!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!??!?!?!?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hoj0

Reaction score
I reckon that most people generally consider Blackouts better sounding than EMGs. Also, hating seymour duncans with a fiery passion seems a bit much, just give them a chance =)

Dusty201087

Kenyon class of 2014
Reaction score
TBH, I really don't like SD passives either, but the Blackouts are def a whole different pickup. I'd go blackout, IMO they trump EMG's.

JaxonWithAnX

Shredder
Reaction score
I reckon that most people generally consider Blackouts better sounding than EMGs. Also, hating seymour duncans with a fiery passion seems a bit much, just give them a chance =)

See hate the passives, i've never heard the Blackouts. Im such a diehard follower of EMG so... I might give em a try but arent they expensive?

Dusty201087

Kenyon class of 2014
Reaction score
See hate the passives, i've never heard the Blackouts. Im such a diehard follower of EMG so... I might give em a try but arent they expensive?

They're a lot cheaper than EMG man! I'll check GC. They sound a lot like EMG's with an 18v mod. Still have the br00talz crunch but with more dynamics.

Edit:

Hmm, nothing on GC, MF, or Sam Ash. If you have to get them directly from SD they'll be a lot more expensive :/ I'm gonna browse a bit though.

Edit II:

There are phase 1 (normal size) and phase 2 (EMG size) sets on eBay for a few cents under $174.95. You may also want to PM zimbloth, he's opening up a webshop and might be able to get you some.

JaxonWithAnX

Shredder
Reaction score
Out of interest, what's a squier seven string like?

Its actually not bad. the pu's suck (duh hence the post :fawk:)

THe Neck feels really good, its unfinished maple, and i REALLY like it. the bodys nice and lite, and then the Trem arm fell off but it was used and i can fix it.

Over all WAY worth $200.:agreed:

JaxonWithAnX

Shredder
Reaction score
You sure? :scratch: Unfinished maple necks have a horrible reputation for doing the pretzel act - warping to the point where they're unplayable.

idk about unfinished but it has no paint so :nuts:

I really like the feel and (trying not to sound like a COBhead but) Alexi also uses it

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
idk about unfinished but it has no paint so :nuts:

I really like the feel and (trying not to sound like a COBhead but) Alexi also uses it

Nah, there will be SOMETHING on that maple neck to stop it from warping, but it'll be very fine and won't feel sticky like high gloss necks. Normal Fender strat necks are similar.

And who the fuck do you think you're fooling? :lol: But I let you off - Hell, I think EVERYONE should be a CoBhead.

Ramsay777

Is an A7X fan
Reaction score
You sure? :scratch: Unfinished maple necks have a horrible reputation for doing the pretzel act - warping to the point where they're unplayable.

"Unfinished" maple necks generally have coating of tung oil or the like to protect it, it's a very playable feel.... I'm also unsure of your "pretzel act" thing :scratch: You're saying a couple of layers of paint resist warping?

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
"Unfinished" maple necks generally have coating of tung oil or the like to protect it, it's a very playable feel.... I'm also unsure of your "pretzel act" thing :scratch: You're saying a couple of layers of paint resist warping?

Yes - it acts as a sealer to humidity changes and pespiration (the more acidic your pespiration, the more danger your unfinished maple neck is in).

JaxonWithAnX

Shredder
Reaction score
Wut i mean is when u can see the maple i call that unfinished.:rolleyes:

Mayb its just noob instinct but idk i love the feel. :nono:

mayb i will get Blackouts just because i REALLY dont wanna screw up when modding my guitar.

troyguitar

Reaction score
I would go with the Blackouts. Every single review I've read says they are better than the EMG's and you don't have to mod the guitar at all.

I also have a Stagemaster 7 except mine is metallic purple with a hardtail bridge. It plays way better than I expected! It's on par with the Korean made axes in my opinion. I'm thinking about buying a Floyded model as well if I can find one - probably would end up with Blackouts too.

Zehailiu

Reaction score
Just get some freakin miracleman and get it over with.

1. Hot as EMGs
2. more dynamic
3. no routing
4. ???
5. Profit

HamBungler

Lord Zorgatron
Reaction score
Just get some freakin miracleman and get it over with.

1. Hot as EMGs
2. more dynamic
3. no routing
4. ???
5. Profit

If you had the money I'd do this haha. But the Blackouts should set you realll nice, plus they should be cheaper than EMGs and you don't have to pay for the routing! Hurray!

lobee

vicioustabbing
Reaction score
The exchange rate is pretty good right now for BKPs and you'll get a great price if you go through Nick at the axepalace(Zimbloth on here), not to mention excellent service. :yesway:

')