Eminence DV-77 Comparison demo

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

laxu

Reaction score
Don't particularly like how any of the tones in this video sound. They all work fine in a mix but soloed..oof, not pleasant.

Bearitone

Reaction score
Wow i fuckin hate the v30 there.
I might swap it for a warehouse reaper after hear that demo

jarledge

Reaction score
Wow i fuckin hate the v30 there.
I might swap it for a warehouse reaper after hear that demo

I try to not sound like a hipster dick when I say that I don't really like the v-30 but I don't really like the v-30 very much, especially after trying a number of aftermarket speakers. I get that a lot of people do like it but it is so overused at this point especially in metal.

You don't have much to lose by trying out a new speaker, if you don't like it, return it and reinstall the old one.

G_3_3_k_

Probably diddling an Oni
Reaction score
I try to not sound like a hipster dick when I say that I don't really like the v-30 but I don't really like the v-30 very much, especially after trying a number of aftermarket speakers. I get that a lot of people do like it but it is so overused at this point especially in metal.

You don't have much to lose by trying out a new speaker, if you don't like it, return it and reinstall the old one.

I hear you there. I’m not trying to be a hipster either when I’m vocal about what I don’t like. V30s included. I just happen to not like how four popular things sound in the room. They just aren’t for me and I get better results out of other stuff.

G_3_3_k_

Probably diddling an Oni
Reaction score
I like the Hesu and the Emi the most. Though interestingly, I don’t hear the similarities between the Hesu and V30 in the recording. It is more narrow like you were saying. But it doesn’t have the eardrum stabby high mids that the V30 has the I absolutely hate.

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
The reaper was my favorite in the mix. Out of the mix the Dv77 and Reaper were very aggressive but I think they'd pretty fatiguing with that particular mic location if I had to use them for any extended period of time. The other demos I've heard of the DV77 made it seem more balanced.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Interesting! I've been really curious about these. Planning to downsize to two 1x12s and I want one cab to be good for heavy rock/modern metal and the other for lighter rock/blues, but still mix well together. I was thinking a Creamback and V30 but I've used V30s for the past 15ish years and kinda want to try something different. Then again, I love V30s, so... :lol: There's just so many speakers I wanna try out and only two cabs kinda limits that.

I liked the V12 Legends I had in my Soldano 2x12, but it only worked for some amps. Always loved it with my 5150, but I sold the 5150 and didn't like it with the Mesa Stiletto, Trem-O-Verb, EVH 5150 III or Marshall DSL, so I sold it, too. I've had some Eminence speakers in the past and liked them well enough but always found them to not record very well...

Might have to buy one of these and try it out!

Reaction score
Don't particularly like how any of the tones in this video sound. They all work fine in a mix but soloed..oof, not pleasant.
The mix is where it matters for me, not soloed. I only have one experience with the Hesu and it's Ola's IR of it which sounds horrible
In order of best to worst

Reaper
V30
DV77
Hesu

Honestly I liked all of them...except the Hesu

This REALLY makes me want to buy Kohle's DV77 IR pack but I just refuse to pay 40 bucks for a pack I'm not sure I'm gonna even like or use

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
This REALLY makes me want to buy Kohle's DV77 IR pack but I just refuse to pay 40 bucks for a pack I'm not sure I'm gonna even like or use
Yeah, I was thinking of buying some of their IR packs so I could figure out what speakers I'd like to buy for my cabs and then I looked at the pricing and... No thanks :nono: