Emmure live rig?

• Thread starter purpledc
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

purpledc

Proud blacksheep
Reaction score
You actually can be open minded and still dislike a band, you know.

That is true. But I think there is a huge line in the sand as far as what is simply dislike and what is hating. For instance. If I were to say.

"XYZ's band is nothing but a bunch of douches. They have no talent and I cant believe they are signed"

That would make me the real douche. A better way to say it is.

"Not really my thing"

That is all that really needs to be said. And that is only if someone is asking for a popular vote on if the band is good. The above comment can still be considered pretty douche like if the thread is a positive thread about a band and you still feel the need to inject your opinion when it wasnt asked for as if by saying you dislike them that you will get a surge of people follow you and rally against the offending band. Its best to simply keep it to yourself. I guess what im getting at is that yes, disliking a band doesnt autmatically make someone narrow minded. But if they feel the need to preach it then it certainly does.

Not really a fan of them but holy shit are they heavy live.

This is a good example of how to say that your not into it without being a D-bag.

breadtruck

Reaction score
You actually can be open minded and still dislike a band, you know.

Exactly, but there's a difference between saying you dislike a band; and saying you dislike a band strongly and everyone else should dislike them because of this list of angry reasons.

It sounds ridiculous but there are too many music fans that have that mindset. A very common one in metal is usually related to how trendy a band is. If a band has been reffered to as "----core" on Wikipedia = INSTANT HATE. I guess this discussion came up in an Emmure thread because they are one of the more hated bands in metal. To be honest 50% of it is just bandwaggon hopping. You see a metalhead explain to someone how bad a certain band are and then the more weak-willed guys just agree with it to show they also know what's "right" and "wrong" to listen to. It kinda sucks but I've known a few people who are almost afraid to admit to liking a band because they feel like they will be judged by some elitist metalhead who only likes THE FIRST (THE BEST) Metallica record and THE FIRST (THE BEST) Black Sabbath record, or something to that nature.

Mayhew

Reaction score
Emmure is one of those bands that needs to be seen live to be appreciated. Their albums don't blow me away but I've seen them live twice and they are legit. It makes me think they should do like ALEXISONFIRE and Cancer Bats and record live of the floor in studio to capture that magick they make together.

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
Three things I can't do while listening to Emmure. Drive, work out, or have sex. Got in serious trouble in all three scenarios while they were playing in the background. Easily the heaviest sounding band I'v ever heard in a live metalcore setting.

Gitte

Reaction score
Three things I can't do while listening to Emmure. Drive, work out, or have sex. Got in serious trouble in all three scenarios while they were playing in the background. Easily the heaviest sounding band I'v ever heard in a live metalcore setting.

+1
I dont give a s&%t what people say about Emmure. I've seen them 4 or 5 times now and they freaking delivered!! Cant wait for November for them to come back to Berlin!!

Gitte

Reaction score
Emmure9.jpg

she is beautiful yes!

Recreant

dissonance
Reaction score
^ i agree that it's a beautiful guitar but it sure looks kinda weird with only one pickup and one volume knob, but that's just me.

emmure is definitely one of those bands that has been around for a minute and hell yeah they get a lot of hate, but damn are they heavy as shit.

I Voyager

Reaction score
^ i agree that it's a beautiful guitar but it sure looks kinda weird with only one pickup and one volume knob, but that's just me.

I mean, do you really need much more when you're in Emmure? :lol:

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
That picture is a photoshop. His fingers are on the 6th fret and on the D string. Total fake for sure. :squint:

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
Funny how much hatred his black LACS got on here. If that NY inlay was a Fear Factory one, everyone would have been creaming themselves.

Good band. Mosh/pogo metalcore. All about the groove. Fun to listen to.

TIBrent

Drop Z regular
Reaction score
I like Emmure, quite a bit, but I personally think the Emmure singer is total jack-a-ninny. The perfect example of guy who uses the internet to get praise for his 1/2 a braincell rants about the music industry, social matters & his cruddy inappropriate clothing line.
Groove wise, Emmure kills it, but to me they are one of those bands that must only exist on a musical level, once I start breaking down who the members are & what they do, the whole thing falls a part for me & I start liking them less.
-Brent

Reaction score
Damn, I had no idea about that guitar.

Neck-thru? Tune-o-matic? Awesome!

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Funny how much hatred his black LACS got on here. If that NY inlay was a Fear Factory one, everyone would have been creaming themselves.

Good band. Mosh/pogo metalcore. All about the groove. Fun to listen to.

No, I've never listened to FF once before nor have I had any desire to but I know a stupid inlay when I see one. I wouldn't go out and get a Boston Red Sox "B" logo on any of my guitars regardless of whether or not I was a fan/proud of my home state.

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
I'm just saying, it's a beautiful guitar. Other guitarists have had similar ones (Dino) or even sillier inlays (After The Burial Lacrose anyone?)

But since this dude is in Emmure, he seemed to cop waaaaaaaay more flack on this site.

Just a casual observation. Again, the guitar is beautiful, emmure are dope, lets all hug and get along :)

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I have to agree. I have a feeling if it was scott ian's it would probably not catch as much shit.

Agreed. Sad, really. People who think flying around the fretboard somehow makes music "better". Who gives a fuck how many notes someone hits? It's about whether or not you like the way it sounds.

Just so pathetic.

FlameIbrah

Reaction score
Love the meta-hate. Instead of hating, y'all are talking about the end game of hating. lol

I've never seen that matrix power amp before. Anyone know what that things all about?

chubby-ol-gangster-core

Reaction score
I saw them live almost 3 years ago, not a huge fan of them now. I remember they were using jim root stratocasters, 6505's w/ peavey cabs, and what i believe were line-6 effects units.

')