Emmure - Solar Flare Homicide (Aftermath in swamp ash)

• Thread starter Shotgun
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

L1ght

Truth Over Triumph
Reaction score
That sounds fucking evil as hell. Awesome tone dude! What're you using to record?

Gemmeadia

Reaction score
Good job man! Joey Sturgis really cranks the mids down on his mixes and im sure it would sound more like the real thing if you did, but I like the realness of your mix. Everything sounds like it should :)

Shotgun

Reaction score
I used my Happy S6 swamp ash/maple/ebony guitar with Aftermath. It goes into my Apogee Duet sound card and I use LePou sims and Redwirez IR loader with Redwirez IR's. Bass guitar is midi and I use Kontakt 5 and LePou plugs on it. Drums are Steven Slate Drums 3.5. For master I used Izotope Ozone 5, L2 multi maximizer, Apple's Adaptive limiter and Channel EQ. 2 guitar tracks for rhythm and one for the melody in the main riff. I use very few hardware. Duet is f*cking great, very cool converters and mic preamp. And I use a lot of plugins with Logic Pro.

I love the mids they can give you the aggression. Some frequencies have taken back which result clear in the mid's segment.

')