Emmure -- "Speaker of the Dead" thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Before this thing gets trolled, a warning seems necessary. Please be respectful in your tone here. Voice displeasure in the song if you want, hell, voice displeasure in the band if you want. "They're a buncha fags" "everything they do is garbage" "fuck deathcore forever" is unnecessary.

I say this because we've had a few "Fuck Emmure" threads here and its been made clear that seems to be the reaction of some people around here. Again, voice displeasure if you want but don't be an uncivil dickbag about it or you're getting banned. There's everybody's warning.

Jogeta

Reaction score
THAT is better.

default.jpg

+1 to awesome tone. Cool advert too! It worked - I'm getting it :')

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
they got one more album with victory.......then its major label time for them

I really don't think that they are popular enough for that.

Anyway, who's engineering and, or producing the album? That tone is pretty effin' crushing. I need to find out some details :cool:

habicore_5150

El Psy Congroove
Reaction score
i dont know if my ears are failing me or not, but they're using 8s on this album arent they?

while i wasnt that big a fan of Emmure's guitar tones from Goodbye to the Gallows (kind of buzzy) and Felony (it's decent, but imo, Respect Issues tone was a bit better), i gotta give it to 'em on this record

Marcus

I kill threads
Reaction score
while i wasnt that big a fan of Emmure's guitar tones from Goodbye to the Gallows (kind of buzzy) and Felony (it's decent, but imo, Respect Issues tone was a bit better), i gotta give it to 'em on this record

:agreed: I don't listen to Emmure very often but when I do it's The Respect Issue, I really liked that tone.

In terms of this teaser I can't really get a good idea of what the new album will be like but the production quality sounds amazing IMO

... Actually I listened to it again as I wrote this, sounds like this album could be dark. I have high hopes!

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
I'm stoked for this, the production quality is just insane. That guitar tone is ignorant, and probably a POD because they recorded with Joey Sturgis and that's all he uses. How he gets a POD to sound the way he does I'll never know hahaha.

Cure for optimism

Reaction score
Im pretty sure he does have an lacs and its all decked out with yankee stuff on it...im pretty sure

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
I'm stoked for this, the production quality is just insane. That guitar tone is ignorant, and probably a POD because they recorded with Joey Sturgis and that's all he uses. How he gets a POD to sound the way he does I'll never know hahaha.

He's a fucking wiz at post-production. I hate him :squint:...In a good way.

At least now I understand why it sounds so ballsy. He and Joshua Wickman need to write a book titled, "PODs, How To Make 'em Sound Godly".

Metalus

JP BFR Whore
Reaction score
I really don't think that they are popular enough for that

Believe it or not after their done with victory their taking a more "nu metal" approach.

Not surprised at all with that direction considering Felony had a very big nu-metal feel. I like them theyre one of those fun bands to jam to :hbang:

Antimatter

Reaction score
Man I really hate Emmure, but seriously, that tone is amazing. They've always had amazing production, and that guitar tone is definitely one of the best I've ever heard.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score

A LOT of people bash on PODs and POD Farm, but in reality those are the same people that couldn't put a SM57 in front of a cab and get a good sound.
If you don't have the ear, the feel and the knowledge for it, it doesn't matter what you use, it will sound horrible.
An understanding of frequencies and how to really fit a guitar tone in the mix goes a long way in achieving a great sound with amp sims.

')