Emmure -- "Speaker of the Dead" thread

GeoMantic

Reaction score
I read the full interview, and that only leaves me more confused.

I find it hard to take Frankie seriously (even with his spiritual beliefs) when he accuses other bands of being cookie-cutter and uncreative.

I mean, come on. I'm not trying to flame or troll or anything, but there isn't exactly a ton going on that's drastically different from a lot of the other deathcore bands.:ugh:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
I read the full interview, and that only leaves me more confused.

I find it hard to take Frankie seriously (even with his spiritual beliefs) when he accuses other bands of being cookie-cutter and uncreative.

I mean, come on. I'm not trying to flame or troll or anything, but there isn't exactly a ton going on that's drastically different from a lot of the other deathcore bands.:ugh:

This.

Emmure aren't even deathcore, that's the funniest part.

There's this completely separate genre of heavy music that is emerging which has, in my opinion, nothing to do with heavy metal.

I'm not trying to stir shit here but Emmure to me just sounds like wigger slam.

Reactions: DLG

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score
This.

Emmure aren't even deathcore, that's the funniest part.

There's this completely separate genre of heavy music that is emerging which has, in my opinion, nothing to do with heavy metal.

I'm not trying to stir shit here but Emmure to me just sounds like wigger slam.

Nope, Fred Durst, hate him or love him, was/is pretty original and Limp Bizkit are a very unique band.

I've heard 1000 dudes who sound like the singer from Emmure.
I support these posts.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
Nope, Fred Durst, hate him or love him, was/is pretty original and Limp Bizkit are a very unique band.

I've heard 1000 dudes who sound like the singer from Emmure.

Either way, I don't like either of them.

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
wigger slam is such an awesome genre name. I'm having a hard time not tattooing it across my stomach.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm hoping the fact that I let this thread go unmoderated for a while, and the subsequent volcano of hate and name calling that's spewed practically nonstop over... *GASP* an album has been at least reasonably eye opening for the few of you with some scruples. Really. It's a band. It's music. It's a CD. Drop it. Move on.

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
no offense, but it's also the internet and a message board.

I don't think anyone is wishing death on anyone genuinely, it's just tomfoolery sprinkled with shenanigans.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
^show youtube clips or it never happened

If you look around the internet, there's mentions of it, but it's impossible to find videos. It's basically legendary.

:EDIT: All I could find was this picture.

internalbleeding.jpg

Reactions: DLG

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
"No offense" but one more slur and I'm going back through this thread and ban every single person who's used one. All of you. For a month. Get it? This isn't up for negotiation. Atone or get the fuck out right now.

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
When keeping it real goes wrong.

Sadly I wrote that to express the way these threads always goes. But Emmure actually have a song named that :noplease:.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
It's really sad how many people seem to feel better about themselves by talking shit about others. Especially a pretty successful group of dudes who are just having fun, making music that a lot of us truly enjoy.

Honestly, I have no idea when I'm going to switch albums in my car. Sturgis really nailed the tones. I've never heard something so nasty and perfect sounding.

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
It's really sad how many people seem to feel better about themselves by talking shit about others. Especially a pretty successful group of dudes who are just having fun, making music that a lot of us truly enjoy.

Honestly, I have no idea when I'm going to switch albums in my car. Sturgis really nailed the tones. I've never heard something so nasty and perfect sounding.

Dude, stop trying make it look like there's something wrong with us for not liking Emmure.

I talk shit about Emmure to my friends etc and I haven't been trolling as much as I used to. Is it such a bizarre concept for people to actually just think that 'X' band look like this or that or that their music is something or rather? You can like the band as much as you like, along with many others, but why do you have to find some kind of reason for people making these slurs? People think certain people are douchebags, whether they convey that opinion out loud is a different matter. It's life. Deal with it.

This thread is reaching the end of its tether to be quite frank.

')