Emmure -- "Speaker of the Dead" thread

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
^Huh... thing is, that really didn't sum up more than half of what they do.

No, they don't do a whole lot, but more than that video showed. Those 10 seconds didn't include any of their massively heavy breakdowns, Frankie's disgusting growls or anything.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

-One-

Not So Kool-Aid
Reaction score
That was like the worst "[x band] In 10 Seconds" video I've ever seen :|

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That was like the worst "[x band] In 10 Seconds" video I've ever seen :|

Referring to the sampler? I'm going to guess you're not, but incase you were, I thought it sounded kinda jumbled. The album itself has a LOT more nuance, ebb and flow to it.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh, I just saw the 10 second video. That really had nothing to do with how the band actually sounds.

-One-

Not So Kool-Aid
Reaction score
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that you don't like Emmure :lol:
Actually, I really like Emmure, in an I-don't-take-them-too-seriously kind of way.

Referring to the sampler? I'm going to guess you're not, but incase you were, I thought it sounded kinda jumbled. The album itself has a LOT more nuance, ebb and flow to it.
No man, I was talking to that lame "Emmure In 10 Seconds" video that Nats posted.

Either that, or he's agreeing with me that the video really didn't depict Emmure much at all.
This. That video was fucking awful. There are way better "[x band] In 10 Seconds" videos:

At least these ones make you laugh, that Emmure one was just stupid :lol:

shredguitar7

Reaction score
just got this cd yesterday... i have subs in my car... and the fucking kick drum absolutly kills my head.. in a good way... i enjoyed the headache... i dont take these guys to seriously, or even think that they are super awesome musicians.. but its the simple style and their ability imho to make 5 notes and a wammy pedal sound fucking sweet yet different in each song.. its just fun music.. and i think thats better than some guy who can play his heart out and make me look like a 4 year old on guitar. because 9 times out of 10, those guys bore me to death. at least with this band. im always bobbing my head and i get into the songs.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
^That.

Couldn't agree more dude. Super technical bands bore the fuck out of me. But then there are bands like Periphery, BoO, ATB, etc etc... They are technical, but simplistic and listenable. I don't have to think when I hear them, I just get to listen.

Nile

Giver of the Likes
Reaction score
i dont really like emmure, but goddammit the huge nut crushing tone, and those vocals just in the teaser, are probably the things ill only like out of it if i hear it all. those 2 things i loved.
did i mention the fucking TONE?!
and the title for the album, i dont get it?
but the tone!

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
Just saying, i'm not the biggest emmure fan, in fact, I can only listen to them if i'm in a pissed of mood or am weightlifting.

and I don't go out of my way to listen to them.

...BUT, unlike some people in this thread I won't bash them because everyone has their own opinion on music. I don't particularly some of the stuff some people here like, but I respect it as an opinion. It seems this is no different than most metal sites where you get a name dropped in a thread and it turns into the "everybody bash (insert band name here) thread" really fast.

Some people just need to grow up, I guess.

xtrustisyoursx

Reaction score
^That.

Couldn't agree more dude. Super technical bands bore the fuck out of me. But then there are bands like Periphery, BoO, ATB, etc etc... They are technical, but simplistic and listenable. I don't have to think when I hear them, I just get to listen.

simplistic is usually a derogatory term (as in inadequately simple)

Mukersman

Reaction score
Do they do any instrumental stuff? I'm going through an anti-cookie monster phase.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
My former band was a bunch of death metal elitists. They were always listening to something fast, technical, and filled with blast beats. But our vocalist said to me "I don't really mind that you listen to deathcore. I mean, I don't like it, but you can listen to it and know the difference between what you think is good music and what is technically proficient music." Which is exactly the case. I can listen to some of Emmure's stuff and groove really hard to it, when I'm in the mood. But I obviously know that Jesse Ketive isn't the next Guthrie Govan or Steve Vai. It's fun music to bounce to. If I want my mind to be blown, I'll listen to 'The Discovery'. If I want to bang my head and bob up and down to some groovy deathcore, I'll listen to this.

Nats

Reaction score
Sorry I meant to post this one you stupid fucks.

"omg what does that have to do with them? wah wah wah"

')