Emmure -- "Speaker of the Dead" thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JamieB

Reaction score
The reason why i like emmure is cos they always try and push the fact they want to be ganster's. I secretly think they are hip hop people but couldnt do it so bought guitars did a few chugs and made silly noises. Either that or its a subliminal FUCK YOU to hip hop and r'n'b or something. LOVE IT

Excited for the new album

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
The reason why i like emmure is cos they always try and push the fact they want to be ganster's. I secretly think they are hip hop people but couldnt do it so bought guitars did a few chugs and made silly noises. Either that or its a subliminal FUCK YOU to hip hop and r'n'b or something. LOVE IT

Excited for the new album

It's part of my race's plans to take over the world! Black culture is ingrained in pop culture for a reason :evil:

Treeunit212

Not your bro, bro.
Reaction score
Never did like Emmure. All that yell/scream/whine shit is just... Distasteful. The Acacia Strain is much better IMO (NOT STARTING AN EMACIA WAR) :squint:

Thep

Blast & Sweep
Reaction score
Okay, I normally would never bash on a band like this, especially since I stay out of Deathcore threads, but in my humble opinion that was the absolute worst goddamn "metal" in existence and very high on the list of worst music. I never really listened to Emmure because I had a feeling it would be like this, but I never could have thought it would have been bad.

For the life of me I can't understand how anybody can enjoy this. As for the tone, its a percussive, high gain sound...one that would probably turn into fizzy mush when playing anything besides rhythmic motifs. I don't see what everybody is raving about.

Guitarman700

Reaction score
Okay, I normally would never bash on a band like this, especially since I stay out of Deathcore threads, but in my humble opinion that was the absolute worst goddamn "metal" in existence and very high on the list of worst music. I never really listened to Emmure because I had a feeling it would be like this, but I never could have thought it would have been bad.

For the life of me I can't understand how anybody can enjoy this. As for the tone, its a percussive, high gain sound...one that would probably turn into fizzy mush when playing anything besides rhythmic motifs. I don't see what everybody is raving about.

Exactly. I cant stand this band. Even if the music was good, the song titles and overall theme just makes them look like wiggers.

JamieB

Reaction score
Exactly. I cant stand this band. Even if the music was good, the song titles and overall theme just makes them look like wiggers.

I think thats what they are trying to achieve white guys trying to be black but playing metal?

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
the wiggers call is a bit harsh, considering you probably are FAR removed from the 'scene' in question these guys are from. Most hardcore kids are right into new era cap,foil print shirts, basketball shorts and nikes. These guys blend right in.

Plus it's a 30 second clip of ONE breakdown. It's a bit too early to be commenting on the songwriting/song styles. You could have labelled this as an After The Burial clip and most people would be none the wiser, haha.

John_Strychnine

I Was Once Groove.
Reaction score
I'm stoked for this, the production quality is just insane. That guitar tone is ignorant, and probably a POD because they recorded with Joey Sturgis and that's all he uses. How he gets a POD to sound the way he does I'll never know hahaha.

Pod?!?! wtf.

Guitarman700

Reaction score
the wiggers call is a bit harsh, considering you probably are FAR removed from the 'scene' in question these guys are from. Most hardcore kids are right into new era cap,foil print shirts, basketball shorts and nikes. These guys blend right in.

Plus it's a 30 second clip of ONE breakdown. It's a bit too early to be commenting on the songwriting/song styles. You could have labelled this as an After The Burial clip and most people would be none the wiser, haha.

IMO, its just embarrassing. They play 7 strings, but only use the top 3 strings, at most. The guys i used to jam with love this crap. Its just chug-chug, bree bree. Their whole image and attitude is Ridiculous, Its just watered down tough guy hardcore. I saw a picture of the vocalist wearing a hoodie that said
" Ask Ya Girlfriend how my dick tastes". Really? This is what passes for metal now? at least after the burial writes songs about meaningful topics.

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
Guitarman, you'll be even more cheesed off to learn that the hoodie in question is probably Emmure merch; it's their lyrics, haha.

It's downtuned mosh friendly hardcore. I like it. Bury Your Dead are also a great example of this style of music done well.

Guitarman700

Reaction score
Wow. Well, ill let you guys have your thread back. No disrespect intended, just putting my opinion out there.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Before this thing gets trolled, a warning seems necessary. Please be respectful in your tone here. Voice displeasure in the song if you want, hell, voice displeasure in the band if you want. "They're a buncha fags" "everything they do is garbage" "fuck deathcore forever" is unnecessary.

I say this because we've had a few "Fuck Emmure" threads here and its been made clear that seems to be the reaction of some people around here. Again, voice displeasure if you want but don't be an uncivil dickbag about it or you're getting banned. There's everybody's warning.

Hey, this guy's got a point. You might want to avoid calling people "wiggers" or, you know, insulting the taste of other people in here unless you want to get fucking banned. Okay? Okay. You know who you are.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score

That's what I love about deathcore, and to a lesser extent djent: percussive guitar. IMO it's the best way to get an intense sound out of a guitar.

If I dressed like Frankie (their vocalist) would I be a wigger? :lol: Rhetorical question haha.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Percussive guitar is my absolute favorite style. Ever since I started listening to Sevendust in '97. Deathcore, Djent, Modern Metal, etc. I find it far more fun to play and listen to... as opposed to thrash, prog, etc.

Sevendust, Emmure, Element Eighty, Periphery, Mudvayne, Pantera. So many more...

Reaction score
WON'T YOU BE MY BRIDE?

I gave up on Emmure long ago, but as Randy said... that tone is fucking outrageous. So goddamn heavy. This is tempting me and I will certainly check the album out, as long as it doesn't come with boxing gloves.

')