Emmure -- "Speaker of the Dead" thread

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
"X doesn't like X because they are jealous" is honestly the most redundant argument ever. People like things and people don't like things. The things that they don't like can't all be chalked up to jealousy, that doesn't make sense. It's an easy argument to throw around, but it's unlikely to be true in most cases.

This really.
I just don't like Emmure's music, plain and simple. Wow, what a concept :lol:
I'm not a deathcore hater by any means either, I have some genuine love for quite a few deathcore albums, but none of Emmure's work rock my boat at all :shrug:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
"X doesn't like X because they are jealous" is honestly the most redundant argument ever. People like things and people don't like things. The things that they don't like can't all be chalked up to jealousy, that doesn't make sense. It's an easy argument to throw around, but it's unlikely to be true in most cases.

I disagree, obviously. Everyone I've met who talks shit about Emmure, are just musicians who think their way is the only way.

Music wouldn't be so diverse if we weren't all a little different. I just hate shit talkers, when they have nothing to back it up.

@Harry - See, no issue with that. I never said anything about not liking, I said the shit talkers. All the internet tough guys and shit lol.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
@Harry - See, no issue with that. I never said anything about not liking, I said the shit talkers. All the internet tough guys and shit lol.
Internet tough guy is not your personal army.

/4chan shit

I love songs about video games. Especially metal songs about video games. I just have to make that known. Check this out:

And even better, a song about the game for which they are named:

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
Who is going to be the one to tell them what those metal strips on the fingerboard do? To which they'll reply "Why is it called a fingerboard?". :lol:

I agree the production is good but only for what it is.

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score

I bet they're jelous of me for having a fretting hand.

Okay I'm done with the jokes :lol:

habicore_5150

El Psy Congroove
Reaction score
Internet tough guy is not your personal army.

/4chan shit

I love songs about video games. Especially metal songs about video games. I just have to make that known. Check this out:

knew about these guys from before Rev
they're pretty good

i dont know if i wanna call them teasers, or just a bunch of code pointing to a video that got removed...about twice or so :nono: (not directed to the guy posting the videos though)

The Beard

Suttbex
Reaction score

I LOVE THIS.
I'd heard of these guys before but never got around to listening to them :agreed:

Reaction score
Im 26, and i think they are fucking awesome.

Just because its not the most ultra tech using all 7 strings at once doesnt mean it cant be good, just look at the deftones, simple and awesome.
Emmure groove hard, and although on paper their "formula" may seem simple, they actually pull it off in a really tasteful way imo.
Plus they sound fucking huge and ultra tight live, but its funny, they are cool to hate, and so people bandwagon, oh well...

I'm wondering how much the fact that you toured with them has to do with you "liking" them...

I don't like them because I find their music to be mind numbingly boring & cliche and their lyrics extremely childish & unintelligent.... not because they're "cool to hate"...

pwilldabeast14

Reaction score
alright now someone out theres gotta agree with me that emmure sounds heavy as all fuckkk :bowdown: just listened to demons with ryu on youtube

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I was gonna post this in the thread with the first teaser we got, but I felt it deserved its own. Hopefully you Mods agree!

Anyway, I can't wait! I truly enjoyed everything I heard in this preview.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Teaser approved. I merely tolerated their other releases but this sounds like something I can actually get into. :yesway:

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for them to get their own identity in music like whitechapel has. We'll see if this one is the album where that happens.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
The production on this is insane. Who did it? You know it sounds good when a non-fan compliments that.

:EDIT: Nevermind. Sturgis did it. Probably the only thing I like tonewise from him.

')