Emmure -- "Speaker of the Dead" thread

Encephalon5

Six String Bass Fish
Reaction score
I didn't know they were all Orson Scott Card fans :lol:

I've not really liked anything since Goodbye To The Gallows, and I'm not really much of an Emmure fan really, But I'll give this a shot.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
All I know about Emmure is that I saw these guys open for Attack^2, an they had the best live guitar sound I've heard to date. So ridiculously heavy.

Having good live guitar tone is so important. When I first saw BoO (ironically, they were opening for Emmure back in early 2008) I was floored by their tone. It was loud, ballsy, and every note rang out clear.

As far as Emmure goes live, I've seen them almost every time they've come to Houston since early 2007. I actually saw them before GttG came out, albeit by accident, and I didn't like them. Frankie (vocalist) has sucked for almost that long live. His high screams devolve to unintelligible gibberish. Also, I feel that they use too many subdrops when they play live. Just my :2c:.

Reaction score
I hope this album is as good as Goodbye To The Gallows. I'm not much of a fan of The Respect Issue or Felony at all. I can hope.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
I hope this album is as good as Goodbye To The Gallows. I'm not much of a fan of The Respect Issue or Felony at all. I can hope.

You know, I thought the majority of Felony went back to the GttG formula. It was more melody and more riffage, as opposed to The Respect Issue, which was chock-full of breakdowns. Didn't bother me, as I love breakdowns :hbang:

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
My God, that was intense!

I fuckin' love Emmure. Their music is pretty retarded, but in a bad ass way.

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
My God, that was intense!

I fuckin' love Emmure. Their music is pretty retarded, but in a bad ass way.

:lol:

Loved the production here as well. Not excited about the composition in an unsurprised way.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
^I never expect anything "new and exciting" from Emmure. That being said, there always seems to be something new and cool with each album, in my opinion. I listen to Emmure to headbang, that's pretty much it.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
^I never expect anything "new and exciting" from Emmure. That being said, there always seems to be something new and cool with each album, in my opinion. I listen to Emmure to headbang, that's pretty much it.

I listen to Kreator to headbang.

lookralphsbak

Reaction score
they got one more album with victory.......then its major label time for them
LOL MAJOR... They are manged by Sumerian Entertainment... So yea, no surprise where they are going after Victory.

I'm not a huge fan of the music but I work with Victory records and worked the last Emmure record... I'll most likely be working this record.

Also that tone is fucking incredible and this shit makes your head bob. haha

Reaction score
joey said they are using 4 different tunings on this new cd, so i'm guessing that means some 8 string

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
Being a relative n00b to nerding out about producers/recording, I was extremely suprised to see so many artists that I have heard that have recorded with Joey Sturgis.

If line 6 is being used for the Fall The Fallen Dreams albums, and this one, I'm stoked, haha.

Did a quick google and quite suprised to see so many 'produciton' forums getting so off put/highly opinionated about his work methods too. FFS I didnt relise it was line 6 until today. Really stoked to see someone recording in a method that we all do on this forum, on a bigger/commercial level. Just goes to show that tone is in the ear/hands, not in the gear. AND further confirms my feelings in regards to digital/reamping/cost cutting etc. I'd much rather record with someone like Joey for 1/10th the price of a 'standard' studio setup (in fact I have, my old band recorded with Zorran in New Zealand, we used real drums and he got an amazing album out of us, I was very stoked)

The arguments I've seen backand forth with 'bedroom/digital recording' like this are quite similar to the iphone game developers/$1 games debates, haha.

Can't wait to hear the full length of this album anywho.

')