Emmure -- "Speaker of the Dead" thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Because some people over the age of 17 (I'm 24) like hardcore, and their brand of deathcore reminds me a lot of hardcore. It's simple, it's angry and it's urban. The synchronized head nodding among the bunch of you in a rush to condemn the tastes of others is disconcerting. It's a metal forum, for fuck sake. This whole branch of music (metal, meaning) exists almost specifically from producing music outside the boundaries set by other people, even if that includes being overly mind numbing.

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
Because some people over the age of 17 (I'm 24) like hardcore, and their brand of deathcore reminds me a lot of hardcore. It's simple, it's angry and it's urban. The synchronized head nodding among the bunch of you in a rush to condemn the tastes of others is disconcerting. It's a metal forum, for fuck sake. This whole branch of music (metal, meaning) exists almost specifically from producing music outside the boundaries set by other people, even if that includes being overly mind numbing.

Everyone I know who is over 20 and listens to hardcore would not call this hardcore either.

They grew up on Cro-Mags and shit like that. This has more to do with nu-metal than hardcore imo.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not fighting you on genres. There was a hardcore thread on here a month or two ago, and I posted a few of the bands I got into when I was younger. Emmure isn't hardcore, they're deathcore. It's similar. Not the same. But the components I liked in hardcore, for the most part, are here. If we want a cork-sniffer thread about genre lines, I could make another "everyone fight eachother for thirty pages" thread where nobody will learn anything and it'll be a big black stain in the middle of General Music for a little while. Or we could learn not to come into threads almost specifically to either insult other people's tastes in music or agree with people who insult people's tastes in music.

Duke318

Reaction score

I just don't get it. I'm not even anti-hardcore. True hardcore like Earth Crisis is the shit. Emmure is a bastardization to me. I just can't stand the fans and the band image.

Duke318

Reaction score
Good for you. I don't like you either. :shrug:

u_mad.jpg

emmure.ytmnd.com

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Well, some of us happen to think Emmure are awesome. I love their live shows, they're pretty chill dudes to hang out with and their CDs just make me wanna headbang.

I'd take Emmure over any thrash band, because I don't like thrash. But I don't go around telling people that I think Slayer is one of the most overrated, shitty, uninteresting metal bands I've ever heard. Because Slayer has made it in music, I haven't. In fact, that's probably the first time I've said how I really feel about Slayer on any forum, YouTube or anything.

Emmure have had quite an impact on what is currently a very popular genre. Hell, I just heard the full version of "Children of Cyberton", I love it. I also love how they address all you Emmure-shit-talkers. "How much more proof do you want, you can't fuck with us?!". Because it's true. Emmure is only getting bigger and better. Really seems to piss some people off, and that's hilarious.

Besides, I really feel like Emmure are in a genre of their own half the time. Most deathcore bands use typical metalcore breakdowns with that dis-chord. Emmure have groove.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
Please please please, no more deathcore hate. If you can't get into it, I don't care. You don't care that I can't get into symphonic black metal, do you? Wanna hear the reasons I don't like it? No, you probably don't. Let people be.

Anyways Joose, where did you hear the full version at?

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
Please please please, no more deathcore hate. If you can't get into it, I don't care. You don't care that I can't get into symphonic black metal, do you? Wanna hear the reasons I don't like it? No, you probably don't. Let people be.

I have the urge to use that argument in every djent related thread ever. It seems anything that's not death metal or whatever gets genre trolled. But what are ya do? :shrug:

I don't like Emmure very much, and I'm not the biggest fan of most Deathcore, but I have better things to do, and enough common sense not to go and mess with people who love it just for fun.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score

Word.

Here's the full track:

"Children of Cybertron"

gregmarx7

Reaction score
It is indeed incredibly heavy.

Whether you love it or hate it, you have to admit, these guys have made a successful niche for themselves.

Reaction score
It is indeed incredibly heavy.

Whether you love it or hate it, you have to admit, these guys have made a successful niche for themselves.

I would not say they've called a niche at all. The Aracia Strain occupies and the same niche and does it much better IMO. (not that I can stand either band)

Marcus

I kill threads
Reaction score
Sounds like they've tuned down to G :cool:

IMO it's got a bit of an Impending Doom vibe to it, I'll be eagerly anticipating this album

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
That definitely caught my attention. I can only hope the album can match that. Incredibly, implausibly heavy. I can't wait to put that shit in the truck and just cruise the back roads.

Or that could be the best almost-two-minutes of the album :lol:
Thanks for the video, Joose. +1 to you, sir.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Anyone heard the 30 second preview of the first single, "Demons With Ryu"?

Just makes me anticipate my pre-order gettin' here even more!

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
The amount of love I have for the new single, "Demons With Ryu", tells me how much the Emmure haters are REALLY gonna hate this one haha.

')