Energy Drinks

• Thread starter DVRP
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DVRP

The HUMANCENTiPAD
Reaction score
So i stopped drink energy drinks, and all pop ( only drink it when im drinking). And ive noticed not only do i go to bed at an appropriate time, but I also sleep better, and have alot more energy. After seeing this change in the first 2 weeks, im pretty sure im not going to touch one ever again.

Has anyone else stopped drinking energy drinks and had the same effects?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FretWizard88

Reaction score
Yup, the reason I stopped was because they made my heart race after drinking them for a couple of days in a row. The only time I ever drink them is if I'm working and have a show after work. Kudos to you for stopping though, the caffeine is so addicting.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
I honestly never understood the need for them in the first place.
I found just eating well provides you with good energy during the whole day, which to me is FAR superior than getting a short term boost (an hour or so) and then feeling lethargic and shitty afterwards.
I've had maybe 2 energy drinks in my entire life and I never felt there was any positive benefits about them at all.
I just stick to water and sports drinks (Powerade, Gatorade), I don't even really drink soda anymore. It just feels best that way

troyguitar

Reaction score
They're good for counteracting lack of sleep, but I wouldn't use them more than once every couple of weeks at most. More often and it's just a really bad idea IMO. These days I just use black coffee or espresso when that need arises, generally 1-2 times a month.

Not drinking sugary shit like energy drinks, soda, and sports drinks is a good way to lose some weight, feel better, and save money. Water ftw.

NixerX

Chuggin and Chuffin
Reaction score
My DR said that Energy drinks are a serious concern especially for the 15-25 crowd.

That said I gave up caffine 2 months ago...once in a while Ill grab a half caf soy latte but only when I need some wake up. I sleep so hard I dream of taking a piss because I have to go so bad when I wake up... thats some major nap time.

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
i developed heart palpitations and paranoia due to my mind running at a million miles a minute from drinking relentless, I now only drink it when I really need a boost and dont have another option

Nick1

Reaction score
Im a Sugar Free Red Bull drinker. I know its not the best thing to be drinking but I love the caffeine! I have this theory tho. I think caffeine lowers your body temp. I always feel really really cold after drinking some Red Bull.

Im trying to cut back on my caffeine intake. Its been quite high for a while. Im trying to replace it with water.

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
A kid from the high school up the road from me died of cardiac arrest at 17 years old because of drinking excessive amounts of energy drinks.

:eek:

Damn. This thing is banned in many countries... from what I've heard, France, Denmark, and Norway among them.

I never tried it myself, TBH. I do drink a lot a coffee when I'm at work, but not even half a litre in a morning seems to help when I seriously lack sleep :shrug:

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
wow! i dont notice much 'energy" frpm energy drinks. i remember at the last GWAR show i went to i drank 4 monster 16 oz cans in about an hour (i dont drink alcohol)felt kinda sick to my stomach but no energy. then again i drink anywhere fron 2 to 4 pots of coffee a day lol.

metulkult

rapping metal head
Reaction score
I drink a lot of energy drinks, but to die at 17 of cardiac arrest from them is just insane.
although I do believe I've developed a caffeine addiction, as around 11 o clock, I'm really craving one, if I don't get one, I'm usually falling asleep in math class.

Demiurge

Reaction score
Im a Sugar Free Red Bull drinker. I know its not the best thing to be drinking but I love the caffeine! I have this theory tho. I think caffeine lowers your body temp. I always feel really really cold after drinking some Red Bull.

I do sugar-free energy drinks. That way all the energy is from caffeine and not sugar and I find that there's less of a chance of a crash.

Oh, but I know it's bad for me... but falling asleep at work isn't good for me, either.

Origin

Rainbow In The Dark
Reaction score
I used to have one every other day or so when I was 17; quickly abandoned them when I started thinking about my health and realizing that they're pure, unforgivable shit. I just drink green tea all day, every day. I don't remember what it's like to be tired for no reason. :lol:

Malacoda

Fogdiver
Reaction score
I had one all the time, like every day, when I was 13. I'm now 17 and haven't had one in years. I think they stunted my growth.

')