Energy Drinks

• Thread starter DVRP
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nick1

Reaction score
I do sugar-free energy drinks. That way all the energy is from caffeine and not sugar and I find that there's less of a chance of a crash.

Oh, but I know it's bad for me... but falling asleep at work isn't good for me, either.

I still get the crash unless I drink a ton of water after drinking the Red Bull. Ive tried the Red Bull Energy Shots and those work well. They have the same amount of caffeine as the small 8.4 oz. cans do. (80mg).

A few years back when I was trying out different energy drinks to find one that worked the best for me. I came across this one called Redline. Its a typical looking energy drink in an 8oz can. It says its pretty strong, so I should drink only a quarter of the can to start out. So I drank about a quarter. And in about 15 minutes I was throwing up, my heart was pounding, I got a massive headache and the most intense caffeine buzz ever! I figured it was only last a few hours.....5 hours later still feeling the same. 8 hours later still the same....24 hours later still the same. By now Im getting scared! I actually went to the ER and they said I had caffeine poisoning. They gave me a shot of valium and within about 10 minutes I was passed out! I felt like shit the next day. Kinda like a hangover. Not good! So now I just stick to Red Bull.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

matty2fatty

Reaction score
wow! i dont notice much 'energy" frpm energy drinks. i remember at the last GWAR show i went to i drank 4 monster 16 oz cans in about an hour (i dont drink alcohol)felt kinda sick to my stomach but no energy. then again i drink anywhere fron 2 to 4 pots of coffee a day lol.

pardon what? If I have any more than 2 of those in a day I'm jittery as old hell, you must really be used to caffeine (and sugar). I'd die with that intake

And, those powerthirst guys are from Halifax too, I've seen them do standup a few times, they're pretty funny

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
pardon what? If I have any more than 2 of those in a day I'm jittery as old hell, you must really be used to caffeine (and sugar). I'd die with that intake

And, those powerthirst guys are from Halifax too, I've seen them do standup a few times, they're pretty funny

didnt give me any pep. gave me a stomach ache kinda. but nothing i couldnt get through for the pit:hbang:

R3D

Reaction score
1 word..... kratindaeng

the mother of all energy drinks

nhersom

Banned
Reaction score
5 hour energy is all you need. if you want instant energy thats the way to go. Its amazing how good those things work.

i've found coffee to be way higher in caffeine then any energy drink. Also soda has the same amount of suger. Everything is bad for you these days anyway. So many preservatives and shit.

ddtonfire

Reaction score
I'm an engineering student in college. I need them.

metulkult

rapping metal head
Reaction score
cheap Cat clothes exporters in usa, wholesale Cat clothing wholesalers in uk, discount Cat outlet Importers,replica Cat polos Traders china,Cat cotton tshirts warehouse,Cat coats manufacturers,Cat jackets clearance lots credit card,originalCat shirts store no minimum,authentic Cat fleece distributors In Bulk,kids Cat factory canada, fake Cat rhinestone tees for less free shipping, outlet Cat hats,knock off Cat jeans for sale paypal,caps,high quality handbags,perfume,purses,bag ,hoodies,belts,dress,flip flops,Slippers,jewelry,bracelet,earring,necklace,scarf,shoes,boots,wallets,purse,Cat briefs,rings,sunglasses,bra,shorts,skirts,Cat sweaters, tank tops,Cat underwears, Cat swimwears.

what the fuck is this shit.

SS.Org's Irish Guy
Reaction score
I drink like 4-8 cups of tea a day, is this bad?

distortedtempo

Crushing tone
Reaction score
:hbang:playing guitar charged with caffeine can be a fun experience if your jamming with some friends. Especially when having a late night jam session.

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I tried an Energy Drink (can't remember the name, "Energy now!" or something like that) to help me getting prepared for a test at university. I ended up raving to some random techno (I hate techno!!!!) and seeing everything in slow motion :lol:
Pretty creepy. Stopped drinking anything except redbull (not on a regular basis, maybe once a month) :yesway:

Samer

Dybbuk
Reaction score
I used to drink one sugarfree redbull a day to help me concentrate (fight my A.D.D) LOL / give me a boost to get things done. I stopped recently and just got some A.D.D meds that help me focus, but i wouldn't say that energy drink are necessarily bad for you, as long as you don't abuse them.

I remember back when i was working for an e retailer and had to pull a 48 hour shift i had one of these:

Spike Energy Drink Review - Energy Drink Ratings and Reviews

It kept me awake for the entire two days (after throwing up twice when i finished chugging it).

Mr Violence

Reaction score
Caffeine just prevents you from sleeping. I'm not sure why everyone equates it to energy. You need nutrients and vitamins to give you energy and an awake feeling. It may make you feel as though you have more energy, but it's a symptomatic solution. You're really just over-stressing your body.

If any energy drink isn't terrible for you, it'd be 5 hour energy, because it's basically an overdose of Vitamins B6, B12 and Niacin. I never get a hangover after drinking if I take a 5 hour during it.

If you really have trouble with being tired, and I know it's cliche, eat a decent breakfast. You'd be amazed at how much a slice of toast, milk and an apple can do for your energy levels.

helly

Professional doofus.
Reaction score
A few years back when I was trying out different energy drinks to find one that worked the best for me. I came across this one called Redline. Its a typical looking energy drink in an 8oz can. It says its pretty strong, so I should drink only a quarter of the can to start out. So I drank about a quarter. And in about 15 minutes I was throwing up, my heart was pounding, I got a massive headache and the most intense caffeine buzz ever! I figured it was only last a few hours.....5 hours later still feeling the same. 8 hours later still the same....24 hours later still the same. By now Im getting scared! I actually went to the ER and they said I had caffeine poisoning. They gave me a shot of valium and within about 10 minutes I was passed out! I felt like shit the next day. Kinda like a hangover. Not good! So now I just stick to Red Bull.

That's odd, heh. I never get crashes, and I can chug a whole Redline and not get much more out of it than a Monster or an Amp or whatever. Granted I drink an energy drink or three every week, which probably has an effect on that.

Worst I've done is chug a whole Endorush (the thing's got wild ass warnings on it, 4 servings per bottle and the works). I felt like I'd gone swimming in a pool full of cocaine, but no Caffeine poisoning or anything.

Nick1

Reaction score
That's odd, heh. I never get crashes, and I can chug a whole Redline and not get much more out of it than a Monster or an Amp or whatever. Granted I drink an energy drink or three every week, which probably has an effect on that.

Worst I've done is chug a whole Endorush (the thing's got wild ass warnings on it, 4 servings per bottle and the works). I felt like I'd gone swimming in a pool full of cocaine, but no Caffeine poisoning or anything.

Well everyones different.

sunbasket

Reaction score
Those things are completely toxic.

+1. I've never really found they do anything for me, and they're expensive as all hell. Carbonation... sugar... packed with all types of shit... To me, energy drinks are like soda + steroids. :scream:

Hydrate yourself with pure water! Honestly, a lot like 10 glasses a day. Admittedly I drink quite a bit of coffee too. But make up for it with pure water. If you find yourself peeing a lot (and peeing out all your vitamins and minerals), have like a bagel or a piece of bread along with it.

Lol btw... this thread has gotten super funny with FRESH POTS and the BRAWNDO ads.... you guys

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Im a Sugar Free Red Bull drinker. I know its not the best thing to be drinking but I love the caffeine! I have this theory tho. I think caffeine lowers your body temp. I always feel really really cold after drinking some Red Bull.

No,Actually it would raise it.

A few years back when I was trying out different energy drinks to find one that worked the best for me. I came across this one called Redline. Its a typical looking energy drink in an 8oz can. It says its pretty strong, so I should drink only a quarter of the can to start out. So I drank about a quarter. And in about 15 minutes I was throwing up, my heart was pounding, I got a massive headache and the most intense caffeine buzz ever! I figured it was only last a few hours.....5 hours later still feeling the same. 8 hours later still the same....24 hours later still the same. By now Im getting scared! I actually went to the ER and they said I had caffeine poisoning. They gave me a shot of valium and within about 10 minutes I was passed out! I felt like shit the next day. Kinda like a hangover. Not good! So now I just stick to Red Bull.[/QUOTE]

Redline did nothing for me :lol:

Yeah but Im dumb. :agreed:

Very. :agreed:

I used to drink one sugarfree redbull a day to help me concentrate (fight my A.D.D) LOL / give me a boost to get things done. I stopped recently and just got some A.D.D meds that help me focus, but i wouldn't say that energy drink are necessarily bad for you, as long as you don't abuse them.

I remember back when i was working for an e retailer and had to pull a 48 hour shift i had one of these:

Spike Energy Drink Review - Energy Drink Ratings and Reviews

It kept me awake for the entire two days (after throwing up twice when i finished chugging it).

Spikes are a lil stronger but know people who chug em :lol:

Enorush are wicked expensive.

')