Engl 2x12 vs Bogner 2x12

• Thread starter angl2k
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

angl2k

Reaction score
So I've been saving up for the Engl 2x12 pro cab with V30's in it. I thought it will go nice with my Engl Savage since it's made by Engl and of course it matches the amp.

But there's an ad for a used Bogner 2x12 cab also with V30's and closed back. It's in excellent condition but it's the standard (non-oversized) 212OS modified with a closed back. It's actually cheaper than a new Engl cab (no used Engl cabs listed atm). I'm from Europe so Engl cabs are cheaper than the imported Bogner cabs so I think it's a great value deal.

So looking up the dimensions it seems the Bogner cab is a little smaller and lighter than the Engl cab. But then again I've heared great things about the Bogner cabs.

I currently use my JVM 2x12 combo as a cab (which has V30 + G12 Heritage) which I think is decent sounding but I'm selling the JVM so I need a cab to go with my Engl.

Anyone have experiences with the Bogner 212OS and Engl pro cab?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

chopeth85

Reaction score
In my experience, mix speakers, chosen carefully,give you better overall tone. Ive got a savage special edition and play trough a custom cab with mixed speakers ( v30 + evm 12L ) . My advise is play through the marshall cab before selling it. I have had the SE and a jvm 205h at the same time so i know really well the amp. They tend to have a big a mount of high mids and highs si a speaker that "eats" that high frecuencias is a god choice.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Try the Bogner. If you like it, buy it. Done.

angl2k

Reaction score
In my experience, mix speakers, chosen carefully,give you better overall tone. Ive got a savage special edition and play trough a custom cab with mixed speakers ( v30 + evm 12L ) . My advise is play through the marshall cab before selling it. I have had the SE and a jvm 205h at the same time so i know really well the amp. They tend to have a big a mount of high mids and highs si a speaker that "eats" that high frecuencias is a god choice.

Hmm I might consider it but I'm not too keen on buying a cab unloaded and load speakers in it. Was looking at Zilla cabs but I'm not sure if I want to buy overseas.

Try the Bogner. If you like it, buy it. Done.

If only it was that simple hehe. The store which is selling the Bogner doesn't store Engls so I'd have to bring my amp in to play it with that cab. I'm just hoping somebody did an A/B and could share some opinions :cool:

vividox

Reaction score
I really like my ENGL 2x12 and, in general, think ENGL cabs are underrated. I would certainly take my ENGL over a Mesa or a Peavey. That being said, I've never put it up against a Bogner. :2c:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
If only it was that simple hehe. The store which is selling the Bogner doesn't store Engls so I'd have to bring my amp in to play it with that cab. I'm just hoping somebody did an A/B and could share some opinions :cool:

The sensible thing to do would be to do exactly that - bring in your amp and guitar, and see if you like it.

Opinions are great, but they don't beat your personal experience when it comes to something you are spending money on.

Go try the cab.

Hachetjoel

Ibanez whore
Contributor
Reaction score
I use a bogner cab I compared it to an engl cab and it was better to me in every single way.

sinnersmoon

Reaction score
Was looking at Zilla cabs but I'm not sure if I want to buy overseas.

Zilla cabs are made in UK. Awesome cabs BTW. I have a 2x12 Fatboy with V30's. I was thinking of selling it when I bought my Bogner 4x12 (V30's) but I really like its sound, so it stayed.

ENGL cabs are nice. I have a mix of V30 and C90 in it and it sounded really good with Savage 120 when I tried it. A bit directional (very common at 2x12) with tight bass and quite a lot of presence. So be careful with your treble when playing loud.

I suggest to go with Bogner and if you will not like it (which I doubt), it could be easily sold.

')