ENGL Amps Now Available at The Axe Palace

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Nice!
I need to get over there :hbang:

Come on down, its real nice stuff. I'm surprised how much I like the Fireball 100. I knew I loved the Invader since I've played it several times before but the FB100 is a pleasant surprise.

hey Nick, can you ask the ENGL lads if they have their XXL cabs with the new black grills

I don't need to ask ENGL. I have a black XXL cab sitting in my store right now. There are no pics because it's shipping right out to a customer. So, yes :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
More ENGL pics! This time of the Fireball 100. I'll get nicer ones up tomorrow, perhaps a video too.

01.jpg

06.jpg

03.jpg

05.jpg

JacksonKE2Shred

Reaction score
Let me know when you get a chance to try out the Powerball 2. That is the amp i am most interested in and will probably end up buying once i get back to work.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Let me know when you get a chance to try out the Powerball 2. That is the amp i am most interested in and will probably end up buying once i get back to work.

Will do, I'm told those will start shipping next month.

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
I don't need to ask ENGL. I have a black XXL cab sitting in my store right now. There are no pics because it's shipping right out to a customer. So, yes :)

FUCKING YES MAN

alright Nick, what's your price for the black faced XXL 4x12

and the FB100

PM me if you can't say here

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
FUCKING YES MAN

alright Nick, what's your price for the black faced XXL 4x12

and the FB100

PM me if you can't say here

The XXL cab is a bit more expensive than their standard Pro cabs. It's $1350. This is one of those over-sized cabs. The standard ones, which are cheaper, you can get in black too. If the one I have at my shop is any indication, I would probably just go with that one. I can't imagine the need for more low-end than these put out haha. That said if you want the XXL I'd be happy to oblige!

The Fireball 100 is $1699. Feel free to email/call if you want :)

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
The XXL cab is a bit more expensive than their standard Pro cabs. It's $1350. This is one of those over-sized cabs. The standard ones, which are cheaper, you can get in black too. If the one I have at my shop is any indication, I would probably just go with that one. I can't imagine the need for more low-end than these put out haha. That said if you want the XXL I'd be happy to oblige!

The Fireball 100 is $1699. Feel free to email/call if you want :)

trust me, after pairing the FB100 with the XXL me wants

and looking into the pricing i'd say it'd be worth it to buy it in the states

it's already a $400 on cab, and almost another $400 on the head

now to get it back to canada undetected, mwahahaha

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
trust me, after pairing the FB100 with the XXL me wants

and looking into the pricing i'd say it'd be worth it to buy it in the states

it's already a $400 on cab, and almost another $400 on the head

now to get it back to canada undetected, mwahahaha

Well just give me an email or call and we can try to figure something out :)

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I love you so much Fireball 100 :wub: :hug: I might just have to do something crazy...!

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
I love you so much Fireball 100 :wub: :hug: I might just have to do something crazy...!

I FUCKING TOLD YOU man

i've told everyone, that amp is SICK

and i mean it, next time you get a XXL cab in, try that head on it and just go death metal crazy, you won't be sorry

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I FUCKING TOLD YOU man

i've told everyone, that amp is SICK

and i mean it, next time you get a XXL cab in, try that head on it and just go death metal crazy, you won't be sorry

I have no use for the XXL cab. The Fireball 100 has such massive low-end that I can't even turn it above '3'. And that's with the standard V30 cab and with the Fat Bottom cab (which is super tight).

I'll try it but I love it as is. I'm going to have to buy one of these for myself ASAP! One of the best amps I've ever played. I'm stunned. I owned the FB60 and that was meh.

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
I have no use for the XXL cab. The Fireball 100 has such massive low-end that I can't even turn it above '3'. And that's with the standard V30 cab and with the Fat Bottom cab (which is super tight).

I'll try it but I love it as is. I'm going to have to buy one of these for myself ASAP! One of the best amps I've ever played. I'm stunned. I owned the FB60 and that was meh.

you really aren't kidding when you say it's one of the best amps you've ever played, seriously i will be buying this amp, this is my dream amp

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
you really aren't kidding when you say it's one of the best amps you've ever played, seriously i will be buying this amp, this is my dream amp

Yeah I'm dead serious man. I'm keeping this Fireball 100 and I'll be putting up my Pittbull for sale shortly. There are no words to properly describe how incredible the FB100 sounds (and plays), especially through my VHT cabinet but also with the ENGL. Just magical. I could throw every adjective in the book out there, but there's just no way to understand unless you've played one. I'm really stunned.

I've played one of them at our last two band rehearsals, and everyone in the band was blown away. I've been so content with my Pittbull UL/CLX over the last 4-5 years dude. I've brought countless other great high-end amps down there to try to unseat the Pittbull but everything failed (including other ENGLs I've owned previously). I still am in love with them, but the Fireball 100 simply sounds a lot better to me. It has tone that I didn't even think was possible.

I can't believe one of their lowest priced amps would be their best (to my ears). I'm a big Invader 100 fan but I even like the Fireball more that also. Obviously the Invader is way more versatile, but for any style of metal tones this is the new King, to my ears anyways. Fucking brilliant.

TheRiverDragon

Reaction score
Sounds nice Nick. Congratulations on a new amp :)

Do you still use it with a boost in front?

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
So, you say you kinda like this new FB100? :)

Haha, yeah you can say that. It's been hurting my productivity at the shop today, spending too much time daydreaming and plotting my next gear move ;)

Sounds nice Nick. Congratulations on a new amp :)

Do you still use it with a boost in front?

Thanks Mark. With certain guitars I found it did not need a boost, but with others I felt the boost helped smooth it out a little bit. The effect of the Tube Screamer is extremely subtle with the Fireball. On just about every amp I've used it made a huge difference (and was mandatory), the FB100 is so incredibly tight and thick already that it's more subtle.

I can't even put into words how amazing the Fireball 100 sounds with my Fryette cab. Massive low-end but so clear, never any harsh highs, brutal mids but smooth not honky. It sounds great through the ENGL cab too. The token Vader/Orange cab that everyone thinks they need definitely isn't necessary with this thing.

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
Yeah I'm dead serious man. I'm keeping this Fireball 100 and I'll be putting up my Pittbull for sale shortly. There are no words to properly describe how incredible the FB100 sounds (and plays), especially through my VHT cabinet but also with the ENGL. Just magical. I could throw every adjective in the book out there, but there's just no way to understand unless you've played one. I'm really stunned.

I've played one of them at our last two band rehearsals, and everyone in the band was blown away. I've been so content with my Pittbull UL/CLX over the last 4-5 years dude. I've brought countless other great high-end amps down there to try to unseat the Pittbull but everything failed (including other ENGLs I've owned previously). I still am in love with them, but the Fireball 100 simply sounds a lot better to me. It has tone that I didn't even think was possible.

I can't believe one of their lowest priced amps would be their best (to my ears). I'm a big Invader 100 fan but I even like the Fireball more that also. Obviously the Invader is way more versatile, but for any style of metal tones this is the new King, to my ears anyways. Fucking brilliant.

Haha, yeah, that was sort of the experience I had with it too. I didn't really love any Engls I'd tried previously, but the FB100 really blew me away. It sounds so much better than the other heads that are even twice it's price.

That's what got me to re-think my approach to Engls, and why I ended up getting the SE preamp - if you liked the FB100, you should also check out the SE / SE pre, because you can get that same vibe out of it, but with even more tone shaping options.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Haha, yeah, that was sort of the experience I had with it too. I didn't really love any Engls I'd tried previously, but the FB100 really blew me away. It sounds so much better than the other heads that are even twice it's price.

That's what got me to re-think my approach to Engls, and why I ended up getting the SE preamp - if you liked the FB100, you should also check out the SE / SE pre, because you can get that same vibe out of it, but with even more tone shaping options.

I'll check out the SE but I don't need 4 channels and a million features, I just need one really phenomenal tone and a few key features then I'm set. Also the SE costs 2.5X more than the FB100. I will be getting one in soon though so I'll give it a run!

TheRiverDragon

Reaction score
Haha, yeah you can say that. It's been hurting my productivity at the shop today, spending too much time daydreaming and plotting my next gear move ;)

Thanks Mark. With certain guitars I found it did not need a boost, but with others I felt the boost helped smooth it out a little bit. The effect of the Tube Screamer is extremely subtle with the Fireball. On just about every amp I've used it made a huge difference (and was mandatory), the FB100 is so incredibly tight and thick already that it's more subtle.

I can't even put into words how amazing the Fireball 100 sounds with my Fryette cab. Massive low-end but so clear, never any harsh highs, brutal mids but smooth not honky. It sounds great through the ENGL cab too. The token Vader/Orange cab that everyone thinks they need definitely isn't necessary with this thing.

Very interesting Nick :)

Do you think a ENGL 4x12 loaded with P50s would sound drastically different than a VHT? I would assume that it wouldn't. Just like the idea of having a matching cabinet :)

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
seriously after nick went on about it i think i'm gunna have to walk in Cosmo and just fucking lay down the cash for it, cus nothing else will make me feel better about my sound man

so Scott will be buying an FB100 this weekend \m/

')