Engl Amps owners thread :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vividox

Reaction score
45079d1424442137-jackson-charvel-owners-club-20150220_081342.jpg

Love my Fireball. Although, I do sometimes rue the fact that the Powerball II came out mere months after I got it.

Cobhc221

Reaction score
Another ENGL player here. Currently playing through an ENGL SE E670 EL34 model. Absolutely love it, but unfortunately may have to move it because I need the cash and I don't have the time to play it as much as I used to.

I feel like I'm about to go through a breakup hahaha

that amp is insane.....SOOOO many knobs lol

vividox

Reaction score
hows that jackson btw? i had my eyes on one for awhile.
It is a beast. It plays amazingly, sounds amazing, and the actual mechanics (quality of set-up, ability to hold tuning on a floating bridge, action, etc) are the best set-up I've ever had in a guitar. Seriously, this thing feels like an absolute dream. I just got it a few months ago and just got the pick-ups and set-up tweaked to my liking in the last few weeks, so it's still got a very new car smell to it. Can't wait to start recording.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score

The FB100 may be a one-trick pony... but it's one hell of a trick. I have several 7-strings, but honestly none sound better than my Schecter Loomis lol.

sinnersmoon

Reaction score
@ JP Universe : Are the Invader settings in pictures your real settings? I`m curious about the CH3 especially. Because I have to keep the bass and depth punch knobs all the way down. Otherwise the sound is too boomy/bassy.

... but maybe it`s just my cab

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
Love this thread, huge engl fan here. I had a morse some years back, but regretfully offed it. Loved that thing though

I've toyed with this idea before, but now for realsies In the next couple of months I plan on grabbing an e530 and setting it up to basically be additional channels with my Fryette pittbull. The engl preamp should be a nice contrast to that of the fryette, and I can't imagine what tones couldn't be covered with this

sonofabias

Reaction score
@ JP Universe : Are the Invader settings in pictures your real settings? I`m curious about the CH3 especially. Because I have to keep the bass and depth punch knobs all the way down. Otherwise the sound is too boomy/bassy.

... but maybe it`s just my cab

:wavey: What cabinet are you using ?

sinnersmoon

Reaction score
:wavey: What cabinet are you using ?
Marshall MF400. I wanted to try K100s. But the sound was too scooped. So I changed 2 of them for V30s. I put them in X-pattern first but soon I moved the second one to top as well. It was better but still not good enough. So I sold the remaining pair of K100s and currently I`m playing just through a pair of V30s.

')