Engl experts needed!

• Thread starter danenachtrieb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

danenachtrieb

TheGuiltyUnpunished
Reaction score
would the E650 be a good choice for deathcore/black metal? if not what models should i check out? i dont know anything about engl so im asking questions. immortal plays the e650 but they dont have drop a seven strings. i cant try an engl for myself because no stores have them.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stuh84

The Viking himself
Contributor
Reaction score
For the uninitiated, this is referring to the Blackmore. You would have been better to have mentioned that in the original post though.

However, I've not had any experience with the Blackmore, one of the few Engls I've not played. There are a few on here with them I'm sure of it though

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
One of my coworkers plays in a downtuned (C standard) death metal band with a Blackmore, and he loves it.

renzoip

I Am the Table
Reaction score
I have heard other people playing the Blackmore and it sounded great so I think you will be fine. The blackmore has a more open sound that the Powerball and some people say it's more "Marshall like", Idk. As long as you have your guitar set up right, the rigth string gauge and the the amp dialed in correctly, you should be good to rock! :yesway:

Hyke666

engl addict
Reaction score
i play metal over an engl e570 preamp into an e930/60 poweramp, that is one of the best sounding engl in my opinion

obiwan

Reaction score
If you have the occasion, give the savage a try, it has an awesome pressure and punch for deathcore but in the same time it is best in delivering blashyrk blizzard coldness right from the glaciers of norway!! And at the same time it is still well defined and articulated.

It goes midi, has 4 channels and quite a lot of little useful features.

One of the most underrated amps imho!

Give a look at the harmony central reviews which can help a lot.

But make sure you can get the newest version they have improved a lot in the last years!

Latest posts

')