ENGL Fireball 100

• Thread starter whosdealin
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

whosdealin

Reaction score
Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar:

ENGL Fireball 100. I bought this brand new a couple months ago from an ENGL dealer. This is the new blackface 100 watt version of the Fireball which is a big leap above the 60 watt version IMO. Having owned both I would say this 100 watt version has more headroom, better mids, a bigger overall tone and cuts a good deal more. This version actually sounds great for leads as well as rhythm. In general it is a thick low mid voiced amp that is tight for rhythm but also smooth and liquidy for solos.

I have also had the chance to own the more expensive models such as the SE, Invader and Savage. As far as tone goes I think the new Fireball is just as good as the others mentioned, the others would have more options with more channels and some having midi switching. At the price point the Fireball I think is the best buy from ENGL. Anyway I know this is starting to sound like a sales pitch so Im gonna stop. Any questions feel free to ask. Im only selling it because I have a couple low mid voiced amps that sound similar and cant afford to keep everything.

The amp is in like new condition. I have the original box and manual.

Modifications (if any): None
Accessories (hardshell case etc): None
Location (City,State or City,Country): Long island NY
Contact Info (No Phone #s) This site
References (eBay or other forum userid): ebay is The4thlast1 100% positive
Price (include currency and if firm/obo): $1350 plus shipping
Pictures: Gonna post some pics shortly

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
I really expected people to be jumping on this faster. Mine sold very quickly a few months ago, and your price is better than mine was. Someone needs to take this.

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
I have also had the chance to own the more expensive models such as the SE, Invader and Savage. As far as tone goes I think the new Fireball is just as good as the others mentioned

FWIW, I think the FB100 (as a head) sounds better than the SE, Invader, or Savage (not just 'as good'), at least for extreme metal. I like the E570 (SE pre) + a non-Engl power section even better, but as far as integrated Engl heads go, I think the FB100 is the best sounding of Engl's line.

whosdealin

Reaction score
FWIW, I think the FB100 (as a head) sounds better than the SE, Invader, or Savage (not just 'as good'), at least for extreme metal. I like the E570 (SE pre) + a non-Engl power section even better, but as far as integrated Engl heads go, I think the FB100 is the best sounding of Engl's line.

Well alrighty then. I was going to say it sounds the best out of any Engl amp I have tried (All of them) .......... I just figured people would think I was saying that just so someone would buy it. Being the amp is a new model not a lot of people have tried it. I would imagine within 6 months or so the word will get out more about how good this one is.

whosdealin

Reaction score
Ahhh! Any chance you would trade for an ENGL Savage 120 with some cash on your part? I've been dying for one of these amps.

I'm open to hearing trade offers but would prefer cash. I pm'd ya

snigloid

Reaction score
I'd really like to buy it but I'm sorry all I can offer is 1000 for it but I know that won't happen

')