ENGL Invader 100 + RGD2127z + Marshall MF400 Brutal riffing

• Thread starter RGD MIKE
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zeff

Reaction score
I don't like Channel two anywhere near as much as i like Channel Three. Channel three is that holy grail sound in my Head. I have tried Channel 2 high gain because i have seen it in a video, but honestly, i use channel 2 as a rock sound channel when i jam with my friend, and channel three kicks ass. just crank the mids up to 7 and you are fine.

Do you play out live? If you do channel 3 will get lost in a mix, especially if you've got another guitarist.

RGD MIKE

Reaction score
Do you play out live? If you do channel 3 will get lost in a mix, especially if you've got another guitarist.

I have done just that and it didn't get lost in the mix at all. It sounded great from what i was told and cut really well. I keep my mid's on 7.

If ARKAIK Can play shows with the mids on 2 on their 6505+'s and cut through better than any of the other bands, I think Channel 3 will do fine.

Plus, I will have a vader 4x12 in a few days, so problem solved even further :)

RGD MIKE

Reaction score
That's actually not going to affect how you sit in the mix much. The K100s and custom Legends have a pretty neutral coloration to the midrange. Not really bad or good in that respect.

Oh. I had heard that they cut a little better in the mix. But you would know. Well, my Mids are on 8. It sounds good, and all the times i have used with, sometimes with three guitarists all using mid heavy marshalls cranked up, channel three cut amazingly. i got compliments on how well it cut.

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
Oh. I had heard that they cut a little better in the mix. But you would know. Well, my Mids are on 8. It sounds good, and all the times i have used with, sometimes with three guitarists all using mid heavy marshalls cranked up, channel three cut amazingly. i got compliments on how well it cut.

Yeah. I think you'll be fine. Our mix was perfect when we both used my Vader cabs, but the new guitar prefers my ENGL XXL Pro. He cuts through the mix a little more with that, so we just needed to adjust channel 3 on my SE a bit. Nothing major.

RGD MIKE

Reaction score
Yeah. I think you'll be fine. Our mix was perfect when we both used my Vader cabs, but the new guitar prefers my ENGL XXL Pro. He cuts through the mix a little more with that, so we just needed to adjust channel 3 on my SE a bit. Nothing major.

Sounds cool man :) I was never a fan of vintage 30's for some reason, but so many people use them and sound fine.

')