ENGL PowerBall II?

• Thread starter ZeeW
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ZeeW

Reaction score
Hi,

A friend of a friend of a friend is selling ENGL PBII and a Cornford as his tastes in what he plays have changed.

I'm hopefully going to get a jam on the PB over the weekend, but thought I'd ask beforehand is there any love for the PBII on here? Any you guys play this amp and what are your thoughts... tone, reliability etc...

I'm into all sorts of stuff from Children of Bodom, Patntera, to Electric Wizard and Black Sabbath.

So what do you think - can this amp cover that sort of ground?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bklixuz

Reaction score
powerball can cover waaaaay more than those bands you mentioned!

espman

Is beardless....
Reaction score
^ This, I have a pb v2 and it can do what you listed and then some. If anything the pb2 is more versatile, due to seperate gain controls for each channel.

Pascal-Darrell

Reaction score
hey dude,

I have the powerball I and it´s an awesome amp.
The clean is really clean with a lot of headroom and if you activate the bright switch and add a little more gain you get a nice bluesy/hendrix like sound, with the right guitar though...
Also good for jazzy sounds with a bit of tweakening ;)

The crunch channel covers everything from dirty bluesy to hardrock overdrive.
And the lead channels are awesome ! the first lead channel is really cool for riffs and some djent stuff, its sound a bit tighter and focused. and the second has more mids and even more gain and just sings with a lot of sustain ;)

the powerball is nearly the same amp with a few extras, the sound is pretty much the same

hope I helped a bit and sorry for my english man ;)

ZeeW

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the replies... glad to hear the PB II can cover the bands/ground I mentioned.

Please hear the clean and crunch is good - especially the dirty blues as I sometimes go back to playing the blues (forgot to mention this).

I'll let you know how I get on with the amp!

ZeeW

Reaction score
Oh man I got to play the PBII and it is one hell of an amp... and so close to pulling the trigger apart from there was an E530 and 840? power amp. AND man I think I've found my tone - the E530! Amazing!

')