Engl Savage 120 fx loop on/off

TAPolazius

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hi,

I’m using an Engl Savage 120 and the MIDI interface Z-7 to change between channels. I used to play on a Hughes&Kettner Trilogy where I could make presets via MIDI to change the channel AND turn the FX loop on or off at once. I wanted to do the same on the Savage but couldn’t find a way to tell the amp to turn the FX loop on or off.

Is it even possible to do this with the Savage 120? If yes, could anyone help me please?

Thanks a lot!

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Dunno if this helps, but with my Sovereign (combo version of the Savage) you just have to make different presets. For example, MIDI1 lead1, loop 1. MIDI2 lead1 loop 2. You can't access functions per se, but the whole configuration instead.

To be honest I never tried to disable the loop as I run a multi-fx unit. If you have a "loop on-off" setting should work like that. If you have a "loop 1/loop 2" setting I guess you could set one of the knobs to zero and since nothing would be plugged in it would work as an "off" config.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TAPolazius

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Thank you two so much for your reply! I already looked through the manual before and couldn’t really find something related to turning the fx loop on or off, but I’ll check again.

Also great idea with switching to the unused second fx loop channel! I’ll try it out next time and hope it works :)

Thanks again!

TAPolazius

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I tried using the second fx loop channel as the “off” function but unfortunately it doesn’t work that way. There’s a button next to the fx loop you can push. If turned off, the MAIN fx loop will be activated for all channels. If turned on, it will use the MAIN fx loop for channel 1 (clean/crunch) and the SECOND fx loop for channel 2 (distortion). So instead of just being able to switch between the two fx loops, it will split both loops to different channels.

The other issue is, that it wouldn’t even be possible to switch between both options via midi as far as I know.

It’s really weird. I’m able to program most other settings to midi (channels, master A/B, etc.) but can’t find how to just turn the fx loop on or off...

If anyone has further suggestions, I’d be very thankful!

Latest posts