Engl Savage 120 or Peavey 6505+

• Thread starter havocvulture10
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

havocvulture10

Reaction score
Absolutely not... ENGL's are built to last and everyone who's used them said nothing but how great they are. Dude if you can score a Savage for half the price of a new Savage, it's obligatory to get the amp. Listen to Ihsahn's "After" to get an idea of how tight it can stay even with an 8 string. The 6505 is great but it's more of a "budget" amp. It's more of a one trick pony that can do distortion great, but that's it.

I don't know why you're second guessing yourself over getting the Savage, especially with such a good deal ;)

After is probably one of my favorite albums right now, i love the sound on that album... I think you made it click :bowdown: haha
The only reason im hesitant is cuz even at half price its still quite a bit of money for someone with limited funds haha... But yes... you're 100% right my friend...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
I'd definitely go for the savage. I played with a guy who had a Blackmore (basically a simplified savage) and it was killer. If you don't like it, at that price you could easily make your money back at least on a sale.

+1 for 5150 love though, one of my favorite amps for distorted tones.

')