Engl Steve Morse 100W Demo!

Cobhc221

Reaction score
hey guys! i just did a demo on this amazing head!

im sorry in advanced if you get your ears raped lol.... its basically a tweakble invader 100w. where you can balance the hi and lo mids to your needs.

Comments are appreciated ^___^

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

viesczy

Reaction score
The Invader has long been the amp that I wanted from Engl (after a disastrous relationship with the PB mk1). Knowing that this is just a 3 channel version doesn't help my GAS!

That 520 looks GREAT with those pickups! I went sedate in upgrading when I dropped a Fred in the neck and a black/white Tone Zone in the bridge.

Derek

Cobhc221

Reaction score
The Invader has long been the amp that I wanted from Engl (after a disastrous relationship with the PB mk1). Knowing that this is just a 3 channel version doesn't help my GAS!

That 520 looks GREAT with those pickups! I went sedate in upgrading when I dropped a Fred in the neck and a black/white Tone Zone in the bridge.

Derek

the powerball had its ups and downs. still an incredible amp. You can fetch a used invader 150 for about $1700-2400

ahhh im still not satisfied with it. it needs a maple neck. its a great guitar but, im a huge fan of ebony and maple.

viesczy

Reaction score
the powerball had its ups and downs. still an incredible amp. You can fetch a used invader 150 for about $1700-2400

ahhh im still not satisfied with it. it needs a maple neck. its a great guitar but, im a huge fan of ebony and maple.

That's the only amp I returned, the Powerball. Just found it so... IDK.

Musicians Friend is blowing out the 150s for like $2299. Still tempts me (even though I did just score an EVH Stealth)!

Ebony would be my choice for all necks, but as long as they're comfy and not sloppy feeling, I'm less discerning now.

Derek

Cobhc221

Reaction score
That's the only amp I returned, the Powerball. Just found it so... IDK.

Musicians Friend is blowing out the 150s for like $2299. Still tempts me (even though I did just score an EVH Stealth)!

Ebony would be my choice for all necks, but as long as they're comfy and not sloppy feeling, I'm less discerning now.

Derek

bro get the 150 man. its a serious machine.

viesczy

Reaction score
It is a seriously tempting deal they got going on (even got a used for like $1600).

My Road King II is my main amp, just love its tones/versatility and I just scored that EVH 5150 III Stealth last month....

Derek

Arkeion

Reaction score
What song are you playing at 1:45? Is that an original?

Love the amp. I think it'll be my next big purchase. Been looking at an Invader for a long time!

sinnersmoon

Reaction score
.... its basically a tweakble invader 100w. where you can balance the hi and lo mids to your needs.

Comments are appreciated ^___^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0du3UG1p8E
What Invader`s channel is Morse`s 3rd channel based on?
I`m quite intrigued by the MIDI matrix and I`m contemplating to sell my Invader to get the Morse. But since channel 3 and 4 are qiute different, I`m wondering which one they chose for Morse.
I love the tight bass of channel 3 but I`d like to have more control of the mids. Channel 4, though having more mids (or maybe the pot is just working in different frequency), is clearly designed for leads - which I would be perfectly fine with but I wouldn`t like it to be a base for my rhythm.

Cobhc221

Reaction score
What Invader`s channel is Morse`s 3rd channel based on?
I`m quite intrigued by the MIDI matrix and I`m contemplating to sell my Invader to get the Morse. But since channel 3 and 4 are qiute different, I`m wondering which one they chose for Morse.
I love the tight bass of channel 3 but I`d like to have more control of the mids. Channel 4, though having more mids (or maybe the pot is just working in different frequency), is clearly designed for leads - which I would be perfectly fine with but I wouldn`t like it to be a base for my rhythm.

The third channel on the Morse is based on the third channel of the invader. however, morse added a bass eq and a mid eq so that he could tailor a specific sound he wanted.

after playing on this amp for a couple of hours i sooon realized that its just an invader with more EQ settings for channel 3.

i thought it was dope but not as dope as the invader 150. still a fantastic amp by any means but not for me seeing how i own an invader.

try to A/B them in person if you can someday! i did and loved it haha.

')