Ensiferum - Damn Fine!

• Thread starter Black Watch
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Black Watch

Contributor
Reaction score
I happened to pick up a copy of "Iron" a few weeks ago, and it is my current most frequently played set of music. A bit much of 'puke' vocals, but overall amazing work on all corners on this album.

I have also heard Wintersun and don't think it's as good as this one, sadly I also think the more recent Ensiferum release (Dragon Heads) isn't as good as this one.

Sort of like Blind Guardian who (in hind sight) may never again reach the zenith of their art like they did on Nightfall, this one is a release where everyone and everything came together well and really was dead on.

Black Watch

PS: No idea if there are any 7s on it, but it's great metal.
PPS: Scotland was wonderful.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

InTheRavensName

Dog says yes ^.^ Yes
Reaction score
No 7's as far as I know, all Jackson 6's with EMG's into (live) a 5150 and a Recto

...they're better live than the albums, somehow!?!?!?!?!111

Black Watch

Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, now that would be a show to see. Maybe next time I am in Scotland or England they will be playing somewhere I can go see that. Thanks for the tip.

Skeksis

Closed Eye Visuals
Reaction score
You need to get their first album, "Ensiferum". It pwns "Iron" throughly.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
and their ep, too..

They did a badass cover of Battery from metallica

mogar

Reaction score
Skeksis said:
You need to get their first album, "Ensiferum". It pwns "Iron" throughly.

Hell yes it does. Great songs on this one. Nothing beats out Battlesong or Guardians of fate in my book.

')