Entirely self-produced quality instrumental metal guitar album here! :)

• Thread starter syndrone
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

syndrone

You Must Listen To SYNDRONE
Reaction score
Hey people!

Been lurking here around for probably over 10 years now and got loads of good advice here over this long journey. Over the last 2.5 years I composed, recorded and produced an instrumental metal guitar album entirely on my own with all the knowledge I gathered throughout all these years.
You can check out the teaser tracks (50s of all the 10 tracks) here:

and can even hear more previews on my website here: https://www.syndrone-music.com/music

If you like what you hear and have any questions about recording, mixing, producing in general, etc, please feel free to ask me anything you are curious about!
If you like what you hear you can obviously also support me by sharing my album or buy a physical CD or digital download from my website www.syndrone-music.com. :) :)
I think you would find the album on streaming platforms as well, but I will remove it from there as I am not really a fan of music streaming (really bad for independant artists if you asked me!).

Gear used:
Axe-Fx 2 for ALL guitars
Ibanez RGD2127 with stock pickups for all rhythms
Ibanez SRG 2520 with Dimarzio Paf-Pro for all lead guitars
Native Instruments and Harmos for synths and sounddesign
Focusrite Scarlett 6i6
Adam A7X monitors

Facebook: www.facebook.com/SyndroneStudio
YouTube: www.youtube.com/SynDrone

Cheers
SYNDRONE

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
Awesome work!

I feel like the mix is a little bass heavy, but it could be my speaker (using junk).

Can't wait to hear the whole thing.

syndrone

Reaction score
It is definitely bass heavy...! I couldn`t resist and most likely went a bit too far, but I kinda like it. I wanted the guitars and palm mutes to sound huge (too huge probably) but will definitely tame the low end more on my next production. I figured it is easier to go easy on the low end when mixing stuff for other people than when doing it for myself... I knew it`s gonna be like that before I even had started mixing it hahaha! It`s quite a personal thing I guess.... :)

Thanks for the comment and for checking it out! \m/

syndrone

Reaction score
Definitely!! :)

I probably need to add: Per is one of my favorite metal guitar players! :)

Last edited:

Metalloutd

Reaction score
Meshugghian/Tech rhy gtrs ... so .. I like a lot! Great Work!
I would like to be good like you in solos!

syndrone

Reaction score
Thanks! :)

Well, if you like my soloing and you got any questions, feel free to ask! I`m happy if I can help (if I can help at all)! :)

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
what ive listened to so far is great...gonna check out more later when i get time.

congrats on the project!

syndrone

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Much appreciated!

I forgot to mention that there are 2 sweeet guest solos as well by Paul Wardingham and Keegan Donovan! :)

syndrone

Reaction score
Love the sound of this record, man! What did you use for mastering this album? It sounds so crystal clear, I'm pretty dang jealous.

Thanks for the kind words! :)

The mastering chain was pretty basic: Used a SSL Master Buss Compressor for the glue, then went into a LinMB (linear phase multi band comp) and then straight into a L2 limiter. :)

syndrone

Reaction score
Thanks men! :)

For those who found the album stream on Spotify: I decided to take it down from Spotify because music streaming services are a great idea but are bad for (independant) artists and devalues music imho...

syndrone

Reaction score
Sounds awesome. I like bass actually. Sounds really heavy. What amp did you use on the Axe FX and what IR?

Thanks mate! Same here with the bass, especially addicted to heavy palm mutes here ;P

I used the PVY 6160 Block and blended a Marshall and a Mesa Rectifier cab together. Both IR`s were from Digital Rosen (great IR`s!).

Latest posts

')