EPIC METAL!

• Thread starter Looneygah1
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
This band is just a group of scene retards. I hate this shit. If you want to hear what they vaguely touched on done well, listen to Nile.

The only good thing about this group is that their key player is pretty hot.

Maybe I'm wrong though... maybe I should be crab walking when I play guitar and acting gangsta' when I sing.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

White Cluster

Gives Life Meaning
Reaction score
This video does for WOP what "Rock Me Tonight" did for Billy Squier.

defchime

Reaction score
Agreed. The last thing we need is a bunch of scene kids thinking they listen to an intelligent form of music.

That first video reminds me of this monstrosity. :noplease:

I swear to fucking god that the singer of emmure is Turtle from Entourage.

I dont like emmure tho

lefty robb

Shred like a mofo
Contributor
Reaction score
I give it 4
5trtpf.gif
out of 5.

Bumskull

Reaction score
Sounds pretty good.

However i think you want some EPICS METALLICUS IN EXTREMO!

In which case you need some 20 minute songs, and who writes the best of those?

SYMPHONY X DOES!

Listen to Divine Wings of Tragedy, and the Odyssey

for some slightly shorter, but still EPICUS songs:

The Edge of Forever, Through the Looking Glass, The Accolade I, Awakenings, Accolade II, Communion and the Oracle, Candlelight Fantasia

Varcolac

Frets? What frets?
Reaction score
Ahhh... the Accolade... good times. NINE MINUTE PROG SONGS ABOUT KNIGHTS IN SHINING ARMOUR OKAY. Seeing them do Accolade I & II back to back live was more epic than most mortals can stand. My head exploded. I got better though.

This was... on a scale of one to Russell Allen, not even a 2.5.

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
Some good epic metal that makes you want to ride out to battle on a majestic steed..... Turisas, they're pretty sick.

Looneygah1

Reaction score
Sounds pretty good.

However i think you want some EPICS METALLICUS IN EXTREMO!

In which case you need some 20 minute songs, and who writes the best of those?

SYMPHONY X DOES!

Listen to Divine Wings of Tragedy, and the Odyssey

for some slightly shorter, but still EPICUS songs:

The Edge of Forever, Through the Looking Glass, The Accolade I, Awakenings, Accolade II, Communion and the Oracle, Candlelight Fantasia

:agreed: Gotta love Synphony X they are amaxing. Probably the best music to date =)

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
Let's not forget about Blind Guardian. Listen to the song "And Then There Was Silence" as well as "Precious Jerusalem" and you'll understand what sheer epicness is.

Turisas was a good mention, as they're very epic.

The "Gettsburg" triolgy by Iced Earth is awesome, if you don't mind it being about an epic American battle. I've been to Gettsburg, being that it's not far from me, so that helps the epic feel of it.

The entire 'Unia' album by Sonata Arctica is extremelly epic, if extremelly prog. Takes a few spins, but once you "get" it, you'll love it. Quicker examples to check out, though, are "White Pearl, Black Oceans", and especially "The Power of One".

A lot of Falconer songs are very epic.

If you want a mass amount of cheese with equal portions of epic and awesome, listen to Rhapsody. They go by Rhapsody of Fire now days.

...and my last recommendation for the moment - something very black metal and grim - Emperor. Listen to any of their albums, but especially "Prometheus..." as its one of the craziest listens ever.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
In Sorte Diaboli is actually my least favourite Dimmu album.

it's got it's great moments, but half of the album feels like just filler :noplease:

defchime

Reaction score
most symphonic black metal bands try to be epic...septic flesh, cradle.

I think septic flesh is the fuckin best though.

I think Hacride's Lazarus album is pretty epic

edit- best dimmu album I say is puritanical euphoric misanthropia

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
In Sorte Diaboli is actually my least favourite Dimmu album.

it's got it's great moments, but half of the album feels like just filler :noplease:

You're definitely right about that, Dave. I usually get bored of that album after the first few tracks then I move on to something else.

A couple of other epic bands are Jag Panzer and Firewind.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
Yeah, Dimmu's best can be heard in 'Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia', as well as 'Enthrone Darkness Triumphant'. The former is one of my favorite albums of all time.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
Oh shit, we forgot about Epica. If you can get into the operatic vocal style even in the slightest, this band fucking delivers. For those who haven't yet - check out their most recent recording - 'The Classical Conspiracy.' Its a live show that they played with a full orchestra. In addition to their own original material, they play classics like "In the Hall of the Mountain King", "Motzart's 9th Symphony", "The Imperial March" (yes, Star Wars, and its metal as fuck), the main theme song from Pirates of the Carribean, and more... seriously, its one of the most epic things I've heard in a long time.

Not to mention, they have the hottest lead singer in the history of man kind.

')