Epic mockup thread of mythical ERGs that you know would never happen but you GAS For

• Thread starter AeonSolus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pink freud

Reaction score
Mahogany is the only choice for a Saber. :fawk:

I think a walnut saber would kick ass.

Stick an ebony top on it Blackmachine-style, and proceed to destroy third-world countries and eat babies.

Korngod

i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!
Contributor
Reaction score
js 8 string

Attachments

• JS8string.jpg
    JS8string.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 228

Xiphos68

Reaction score
js 8 string
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please, please rock on with an eight-string mockup of the Steinberger Transcale ST-2FPA guitar...

230837jpg.jpg

...and the Transcale Demon...

50290.jpg

...both being baritone guitars with built-in capos and piezo bridges.

Let the righteousness of these mockups circle the byways of the Internet, sparking uninformed rumor, until the manufacturers are forced by popular acclaim to produce these most excellent of instruments. Let the Parker HellFly become a reality, and all other worthy contenders.
This too!

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
i did a bunch of ibanez 8 string mockups, pretty much all their models that come in black (makes it easy to edit. also, since it´s ibanez, that encompasses pretty much all of their models), plus a couple bass models too. unfortunately i don´t have the originals anymore, so all that is left is whatever´s still up there. you could do a search on here or jemsite to find it.

Hollowman

Reaction score
can someone do a agile hornet with an intrepid headstock 8 string?
I actually thought about one of those but don't really know if it can be done or what it would look like..thanks

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
Nor would that TOM bridge, with regards to string saddle travel distance, especially if you use really thick ass bass strings. :(

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
I never understood why some of those brands use TOM design bridges on their extended range guitars, the range with the intonation is so small :shrug:

The only reason why they are using them is because of the carved top, the neck needs more angle and a normal bridge would not work...

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
I never understood why some of those brands use TOM design bridges on their extended range guitars, the range with the intonation is so small :shrug:

The only reason why they are using them is because of the carved top, the neck needs more angle and a normal bridge would not work...

Having said that: I really love the feel of TOM bridges. I also like relatively light string guages (that amount to around 12lbs of tension per string), so I might just be able to get away with a TOM on my RG7. TOM don't currently exist for 8-string guitars, but I don't think that I'd be able to get away with it anyway.

')