Epic NGD! Sexiest Custom Squier Stagemaster(?) VII ever!

Rain

Reaction score
If anyone remembers seeing this:
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/lu...ustomizations/189502-squier-mod-refinish.html

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
V

BAM!
100_1315.jpg

I just got it :)

Here are some sexy pics! Though, to be honest, some of these don't do this guitar justice.

100_1316.jpg

White on burned wood looks so sexy, especially with those Dimarzios and that Floyd Rose.

100_1319.jpg

Gloomy weather is cool and I know I need to mow my lawn, lol. Been too busy with work and recording to do it.

100_1324.jpg

Close up of that amazing finish.

100_1320.jpg

It's just soooooo good. HNNNNGGGGG <3

100_1326.jpg

100_1322.jpg

Awesome head.

100_1323.jpg

100_1325.jpg

24 Frets. Heaven approves.

Features:
-24 Jumbo Frets
-Alder(?) Body
-Rosewood Fretboard
-Maple Neck
-Dimarzio Blaze Pickups White
-Licensed Floyd Rose Tremolo Bridge
-Coil Tapping
-Refinished Burned body
-Reshaped Blackmachine-style Headstock

While searching for a good, economic 7 string to make up for 7 string Flying V's limitations and age, I stumbled upon this little baby on Ebay. At first, I was uninterested due to it being a Squier and my first guitar ever was a lame Squier Strat. However, once I looked at the first picture, the first thing I noticed was the awesome headstock. I then looked at the rest of the pictures and saw the crazy mods that Skeels(the fellow ss.org member and creator of this guitar) had done to it.

At the time, I didn't know much about this guitar and I wasn't an active member on ss.org, so I started to do a little research and that's when I found Skeels' threads about this guitar through a google search. I then waited patiently for the listing to end and put my bids in, and of course I won :)

My first reaction upon receiving it today was utter awe. Skeels did an amazing job on this guitar and part of me feels bad for getting it at such a low price (300USD + 50 s&h) since I know Skeels put a lot of quality work into it and I should have paid more. But, looks like fate and luck was on my side haha.

Thanks Skeels for the beautiful guitar and for the great deal! I promise it will be put to good use and will be well taken care of!

-Rain

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Damn.. I'd be worried about that headstock snapping now especially since it's not reinforced. Original owner must have been going after the blackmachine look but those necks and headstocks are reinforced - this one isn't.... be careful and enjoy it safely :lol:

Rain

Reaction score
Damn.. I'd be worried about that headstock snapping now especially since it's not reinforced. Original owner must have been going after the blackmachine look but those necks and headstocks are reinforced - this one isn't.... be careful and enjoy it safely :lol:

I don't think it's that much of a problem since it's got a locking nut. Most of the tension should stay between the nut and the bridge. :)

DoomJazz

Classic Lojack
Reaction score
what exactly am I looking at?

:squint:

Because it fucking rocks.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think it's that much of a problem since it's got a locking nut. Most of the tension should stay between the nut and the bridge. :)

Hate to say it, but that doesn't make sense. You tune the thing then lock it down. Tension stays on both sides of the nut, equally. Any gradient developed through the duration of string life is going to be pretty small overall.

Looks neat otherwise.

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
Hate to say it, but that doesn't make sense. You tune the thing then lock it down. Tension stays on both sides of the nut, equally. Any gradient developed through the duration of string life is going to be pretty small overall.

Looks neat otherwise.

I wasn't gonna say anything, but yep. :agreed:

I feel like it should be fine though. :)

Rain

Reaction score

Looks neat otherwise.

Well I meant the crazy tension that you see when playing around with the tremolo. Haha, but the headstock still looks pretty sturdy anyway. I highly doubt I'll have any problems with it at all.
Thanks for your input though. I hope the head is as sturdy as it looks.

Ayo7e

ralugeR gro.ss
Reaction score
Well I meant the crazy tension that you see when playing around with the tremolo. Haha, but the headstock still looks pretty sturdy anyway. I highly doubt I'll have any problems with it at all.
Thanks for your input though. I hope the head is as sturdy as it looks.

And if a problem appears, it's bolt-on so you can change the neck, but I think it will be fine.

:hbang:

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
So glad you dig it man. I'm sure she'll rock the house for you.

You got an Epi V7? Cool- i swirled my old one. Brutal wiz picked that one up. Bet yours would look awesome with a Green swirl!

Also, the neck has a straight headstock and no scarf joint. One piece. Any engineers-to-be care to elucidate on those factors for us?
Does Blackmachine reinforce their headstocks?

Rain

Reaction score
So glad you dig it man. I'm sure she'll rock the house for you.

You got an Epi V7? Cool- i swirled my old one. Brutal wiz picked that one up. Bet yours would look awesome with a Green swirl!

Also, the neck has a straight headstock and no scarf joint. One piece. Any engineers-to-be care to elucidate on those factors for us?
Does Blackmachine reinforce their headstocks?

I'll make sure she does :shred:

I do and I also saw what you did with yours! Mine is also customized though not to the extent of a refinishing. I got mine modded with a mirror pickguard, a stratocaster style input jack, the neck was sanded down for better playability, an SD JB Lead bridge pickup, and finally grover tuners :)

It should be fine. If not, I can reinforce it with a steel rod on the side of the headstock. Would look cool too!

F0rte

Wood Whore
Reaction score
Damn that guitar is absolutely gorgeous. I've seen the guy who makes those do some work and i'm really impressed with the outcome of all of them.
Beautiful guitars, spot on work, great taste, and also great timbers!

Hope it plays as well as it looks ;)

EDIT: Dat NECK! :O

prashanthan

Reaction score
The white and chrome against the burnt finish looks incredible. Kudos, you've really made this into something special. Happy NGD!

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
I would round off the headstock tip to make it more Parker-ish. It would work better with the horns too :)

')