Epiphone Matt Heafy Sig. (Video)

• Thread starter I Voyager
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Murmel

Reaction score
I was sooooo stoked when I saw the title.

Then those last 3 letters killed it for me.

sadpanda :(

I Voyager

Reaction score
I want to see good footage of it.

These guys, keep on changing brand endorsees quite a lot. :p

With some aspects (pickups, amps) yes, but with guitars they've only been with one other company (Dean).

Murmel

Reaction score
^
if that's the guitar then it sucked even more.
Another flat black 7 with EMGs.. woo fucking hoo...

Too bad you can't unlike threads :squint:

indrangelion

You guys are funny
Reaction score
matt-heafy-epiphone-les-paul-custom-head-stock.jpg

Looks legit to me

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So LTD releases an EC7 with EMGs and everyone is partying in the streets, but when Gibson/Epiphone comes out with an affordable LP7 and it has EMG everyone bitches. :scratch:

anthonylbest

Guitarist, Youtuber, Collector
Reaction score
So LTD releases an EC7 with EMGs and everyone is partying in the streets, but when Gibson/Epiphone comes out with an affordable LP7 and it has EMG everyone bitches. :scratch:

Personally for me, I do not like the feel of EPI Les Pauls... or even Gibson LP's. Its all about the neck shape for me.

LTD has a far better neck shape for my hands.

In this case I just think this sig is just plain and unexciting.

TheSilentWater

is a nerd.
Reaction score
I like it. :shrug:
I probably wouldn't buy it, but as far as prospective price range is concerned, I reckon it's pretty cool.

Murmel

Reaction score

Yes, because it looks worse, doesn't have binding (I hate LPs without binding).
And I did complain about the EMGs on the Ltd's, I always complain about EMGs :lol:

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
I can't get behind any Epiphone LP as long as they continue using the maxi-pad headstock. Why do they even have to do that? The Epi version of the Flying V, Explorer, Firebird and Thunderbird get the original headstock, but LPs and SGs are stuck with that atrocity... Blech. Other than that, my complaints have been brought up by others.

Another thing- symmetrical headstocks cannot get away with a 3+4 tuner arrangement.

Robby the Robot

The President Bits
Reaction score
When I heard they were making Heafy and signature, I thought it was going to be a six-string. An Epi-7 Explorer would have been better imo.

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
No, they were mad about there being EMGs with the EC407, too.

They're still mad that it's EMGs and not BKPs.

Reaction score
EMG's for the lose. you should know i dont like them Max, you almost banned me for being an asshole about it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Raaaaal13

Reaction score
I actually quite like the guitar. Not a HUGE fan of EMGs but I can live with 'em. Hopefully this guitar isn't too expensive seeing as how its just a Les Paul Studio Gothic 7 string without the pickguard and passives. I actually don't think this is his signature though. I think this one is just for him. Matt has said in several interviews that the signature will be a six string.

')