Epiphone Matt Heafy Sig. (Video)

• Thread starter I Voyager
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dopey Trout

Silly Fishy
Reaction score
Well with Corey's prototype it was too similar to another guitar (prob the BRJ Vixen), so they couldn't put it out. And Heafy probably just didn't like his (even though it looks 1000000x better than his production Dean sig.).

From what I read Matt's proto never made it to production because the shape meant the size had to be increased, which pushed the weight up, and he figured the target market probably wouldn't be able to hold it :ugh:

He's somewhat renowned for liking his guitars heavy though, his guitar strap is reinforced with pipe insulation or something :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Murmel

Reaction score
^
He's a strange man, apparently the guitar parts he did on Shogun were done with .13s.. In B standard with high action, because apparently he prefers to fight with the guitar. His own words :lol:

Garrett

Blinded By Ibanez
Reaction score
The word epiphone may scare alot of people but i know it will be a solid guitar. Im just waiting for the day i can get my hands on it. The les paul shape+7 strings+matt heafys name behind=pure win.

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
I know on that japan flag ml he had it was too light
so he put a solid fucking weight in it.
weird guy indeed.

Murmel

Reaction score
^
God, I just love him more and more by the day :lol:

Perhaps he just got used to his Les Pauls, which he played a lot during their early years (and I know he's had his Supreme for quite some time before). The LPs might've been ehavy as fuck.

surge

Reaction score
Those are some great pics...unfortunately, it looks much better in the dark video than it does in the light ^_^

Looks too plain and boring...no binding and ugly headstock..oh well

LTD EC-407 ftw i suppose...Thin-U neck, great binding, nice looking headstock...

Just my opinion here but LTD is higher quality than epiphone.
I was in the market for an LP-style guitar (6 string) a few months ago and I went for the Epi Prophecy EX. Got it and the quality \ craftsmanship was just awful.

I would have liked to pick up a 7 string gibby explorer that Matt was playing last year, despite the short scale length and only 22 frets if they would have released it in white...was black only and I wanted white, so I ended up not getting one...now I can't find one anywhere so I'm thinkin' it was discontinued :(

Nick M

Reaction score
so dumb if you ask me, matt said he wanted to go Epiphone so his fans could afford it but this is NOTHING close to what he's been playing. and why flat black? thats gonna look like ass after awhile:scream: PLUS, 7-string les paul just seems wierd

VILARIKA

Reaction score
Those are some great pics...unfortunately, it looks much better in the dark video than it does in the light ^_^

Looks too plain and boring...no binding and ugly headstock..oh well

LTD EC-407 ftw i suppose...Thin-U neck, great binding, nice looking headstock...

Just my opinion here but LTD is higher quality than epiphone.
I was in the market for an LP-style guitar (6 string) a few months ago and I went for the Epi Prophecy EX. Got it and the quality \ craftsmanship was just awful.

I would have liked to pick up a 7 string gibby explorer that Matt was playing last year, despite the short scale length and only 22 frets if they would have released it in white...was black only and I wanted white, so I ended up not getting one...now I can't find one anywhere so I'm thinkin' it was discontinued :(

I've looked around for that black 7-string Explorer for the longest time, and I haven't found any. Discontinued, it is.

book_of_lies777

Reaction score
These guys, keep on changing brand endorsees quite a lot. :p

yeah, them and Michael Amott of Arch Enemy will play anything that will endorse em, then talk it up as if it's their 'holy grail'... till the next album/tour and it's some other company. :rolleyes:

VILARIKA

Reaction score
yeah, them and Michael Amott of Arch Enemy will play anything that will endorse em, then talk it up as if it's their 'holy grail'... till the next album/tour and it's some other company. :rolleyes:

Haven't they only been with Dean as the other company? I don't recall them using any other guitars besides Gibson, Jackson, and Dean.

Riggy

Djun djun djun
Reaction score
Wasn't he originally getting a sig Explorer?

But ew, matte black + EMG = fail.

Murmel

Reaction score
Haven't they only been with Dean as the other company? I don't recall them using any other guitars besides Gibson, Jackson, and Dean.

That is correct. Matt used Gibson before Dean, and Corey used Jackson before Dean. Now they're back to their respective companies.

You guys saying that they switch endorsees all the time clearly don't have a clue about the band.

Murmel

Reaction score
^
Oh yeah I forgot, but as you said he wasn't endorsed. But as long as he isn't endorsed I don't see a problem with using different brands. He mostly used Jackson though.

JPMike

Totally Random
Reaction score

One of the Amotts is using Caparison exclusively as for the red hair guy, used ESP Ninjas and Dean something model. As far as I know.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
JPMike is right, Michael Amott uses a Dean signature now and Christopher uses a signature Caparison that is fantastic, albeit pricey.

BabUShka

Reaction score
They (as in Matt and Corey) left the company after Dean Z. left.

Imo, they should've gone DBZ instead of Epi.. :nuts:
Those new DBZ guitars looks fucking stunning.

dbz-bolero-ab-black-gold.jpg

Now, THATS what I call a headstock.

dbz_barchettaEminent7.jpg

')