Epiphone Matt Heafy Sig. (Video)

• Thread starter I Voyager
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JPMike

Totally Random
Reaction score
JPMike is right, Michael Amott uses a Dean signature now and Christopher uses a signature Caparison that is fantastic, albeit pricey.

That Cap is amazing, also it has that HGS system which is nice for lower tunings.

I remember it used to come out in black, before the white version.
Only thin I don't like on it, it's that stupid Pro finish, feels so bad.

Now, THATS what I call a headstock.

dbz_barchettaEminent7.jpg

I like the guitar, but THAT headstock looks so cheap. Chrome hardware is a no non. Nontheless I never liked DBZ guitars, even though I haven't tried them Deans either.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JStraitiff

Melodic Mamma Jamma
Reaction score
I was sooooo stoked when I saw the title.

Then those last 3 letters killed it for me.

sadpanda :(

MGs? rofl.

Les Pauls are a dime a dozen now. Not only does it not attract me, but it repels me when i see a "custom" les paul model. Thats like someone saying "OMG YES. My favorite artist _____ has a new custom strat coming out"... good for him?

Ironbird

Kahler Abuser
Reaction score
The SSO crowd strikes again.

'EMGs in a guitar, oh no! What fail! It should come stock with BKPs, even though Matt doesn't use BKPs! He should know we WANT only BKPs!'

-42-

Nothing to see here
Reaction score
Maybe it's just the context, but for some reason that finish looks even more bland than most matte-black finishes I've seen. Such a pity because single-cuts are probably my favorite general body shape.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
His guitar is the epitome of plain and "dirty" looking in my mind. All I can imagine is the feel of matte paint and how gross it gets. It just isn't attractive in the slightest.

Reaction score
I think the epiphone headstock is the ugliest headstock shape there is.

And now they are putting Gibson style headstocks on $120 Wal-mart guitars with another company Gibson has forgot the name, made in China.

Gibson and Fender will never make a USA 7/8 string with an extended scale. I doubt the CEO's even know who Meshuggah are. They are probably in their 50's and looking forward to attending the next Poison reunion concert.

cronux

Reaction score
if he's doing a sig he should do a epiphone 7 string exp... with and without a floyd rose, black/white finishes and that's that...

a 7 string LP is just... wrong :/

can't imagine playing meshuggah on it :D

but then again, it's not my custom so i'm cutting the crap :)

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
Looks like an update to his signature. Gloss top! Also apparently the final model will have black hardware - looks pretty nice to me...

7b8dc110cf9f11e1a04e123138203d88_7.jpg

Raaaaal13

Reaction score
Just saw the new prototype on his Instagram account. I really hope they make a 7 string version.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Looks like an update to his signature. Gloss top! Also apparently the final model will have black hardware - looks pretty nice to me...

Apparently his signature seven string became a regular LP :lol:

Reaction score
With some aspects (pickups, amps) yes, but with guitars they've only been with one other company (Dean).

They were with Dean, but dropped them after several quality issues they had with them such as when Matt's ML fell over and the headstock popped off. They left Dean shortly after Dean Zelinsky did since he was the reason they signed with Dean guitars to begin with.

After they left Dean, they decided to go back to what they used to use which is Corey with Jackson guitars and Matt with Gibson. But since there's basically no way that Gibson would ever put signature models under the Gibson brand, they're going to put it under the Epiphone branding.

xxvicarious

Reaction score
The Epi version of the Flying V, Explorer, Firebird and Thunderbird get the original headstock, but LPs and SGs are stuck with that atrocity...

I never understood that either! It still puzzles me. I love the Epi Les Paul
Custom bodies, love the way the neck feelsthe electronics are just like
any other electronics in every other guitar on the face of the earth (changable, haha)...
And then there's the fucking HEADSTOCK. The reason I will never own an
Epi Les Paul, and I'm sure why OTHER people dont own Epi Les Pauls.

Ya think a headstock wouldnt make that much of an impression on people :lol:

Oh ya, Heafy's LP = bup :rolleyes:
A big ass can of fuckin' bupsauce.

I Voyager

Reaction score
I hate that Epi headstock, too. I heard the reasoning behind that is so people don't try to sell them off as Gibsons. All it would take is a change of the logo to fool someone who doesn't really know that well about guitars and whatnot.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
I hate that Epi headstock, too. I heard the reasoning behind that is so people don't try to sell them off as Gibsons. All it would take is a change of the logo to fool someone who doesn't really know that well about guitars and whatnot.

But yet they keep the Vs and Explorers with the same headstock. :nuts:

xxvicarious

Reaction score

An engraved serial number would take care of that.
Maybe another small difference in the guitar..
Like slightly change the spacing between the volume/tone knobs,
changing the shape of the electronics cavity... Something small and
damn near pointless.

If they made a change like THAT, and gave the Epi Les Pauls the
traditional Gibson shaped headstock, they'd sell Les Pauls left and
fucking right!

xxvicarious

Reaction score
The SSO crowd strikes again.

'EMGs in a guitar, oh no! What fail! It should come stock with BKPs, even though Matt doesn't use BKPs! He should know we WANT only BKPs!'

These old farts are BKP fanboys, I had a set of BKP's in
an IC400, and I totally regretted paying full price for them.
Used 'em for a month or so, pulled them out, and sold those
fuckers on CL.

Replaced them with a JB/'59 setup hahaha.

I'm tired of seeing "BKP" on here. Eeeeevery goddamn post. :noplease:

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
MGs? rofl.

Les Pauls are a dime a dozen now. Not only does it not attract me, but it repels me when i see a "custom" les paul model. Thats like someone saying "OMG YES. My favorite artist _____ has a new custom strat coming out"... good for him?

Cool Les Paul style Schecter you're playing there in your picture :lol:

')