EQ Pedal + 6505

• Thread starter jamesy_pwd
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jsousa

Reaction score
the mxr 10 band is great, albeit a bit noisy in the loop. i use it because it honestly makes my tone a bit more alive. but yea, the sliders are super sensitive. I find myself BARELY moving them, and a noticeable tone change is apparent. here is a vid with my rig:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

All_¥our_Bass

Deathly Chuuni
Reaction score
A common use, however, seems to be a never ending search for even less mids, which is what the thread starter seems to be lusting for, which will ultimately prove quite disappointing in a band context.
I'm actually quite the opposite when it comes to eq, I always want more mids.
I run a Boss GE7 with the 100hz, 200hz, 400hz, 800hz, and 6.4khz pulled all the way down, leaving the 1.6k and 3.2k where they are.

Please note this pedal is BEFORE my multi fx unit (which is the source of my distortion and other fx).

It also matters if your eq comes before or after distortion (or if you have both), running an eq pedal before distortion you should have lots of mids and turn down the bass(reduces mud) and treble(reduces harsh, icepicky-ness) a bit, but after distortion you can turn up the bass and treble a bit to compensate while bringing the mids down a (little) bit.

creepymcpeepers

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
go for an MXR 10 band eq. seems like everyone on the internet with a 6505 has one of these pedals in the loop. it will defidently so what you want it to do
Is there a way if I have the 6505 hooked to the input of my interface from the fx loop to put the eq in the fx loop if I’m using the pedals from Logic Pro x eq?

Turd Ferguson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
the mxr 10 band is great, albeit a bit noisy in the loop. i use it because it honestly makes my tone a bit more alive. but yea, the sliders are super sensitive. I find myself BARELY moving them, and a noticeable tone change is apparent.

This is why I slightly prefer my 15 band rack EQs to the MXR 10 band, which I also have. They all have +/- 12dB of range, but on the rack units, I can change that to +/- 6dB, which makes small changes much less drastic. 15 bands seem like overkill but you can just ignore the very high and low ends.

I've never noticed extra noise from the MXR in the loop.

In regard to the OP question, a boost in front and an EQ in the loop of the OG 5150s is the shit. Just don't go crazy on the EQ.

creepymcpeepers

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This is why I slightly prefer my 15 band rack EQs to the MXR 10 band, which I also have. They all have +/- 12dB of range, but on the rack units, I can change that to +/- 6dB, which makes small changes much less drastic. 15 bands seem like overkill but you can just ignore the very high and low ends.

I've never noticed extra noise from the MXR in the loop.

In regard to the OP question, a boost in front and an EQ in the loop of the OG 5150s is the shit. Just don't go crazy on the EQ.
I just have trouble with feedback now and I’m using a Logic Pro x noise gate and I turn the threshold up till the feedback stops but then I try to turn the release up cause it still cuts out some of the first derrrrr but it won’t quit cutting it out and the reverb and delay are non existent with the noisegate

Turd Ferguson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I just have trouble with feedback now and I’m using a Logic Pro x noise gate and I turn the threshold up till the feedback stops but then I try to turn the release up cause it still cuts out some of the first derrrrr but it won’t quit cutting it out and the reverb and delay are non existent with the noisegate

Never had trouble with feedback either, but the volume and gain on the MXR are always in the center.

Gate has to be before the FX in the loop or it will chop off trails/repeats, if I'm understanding.

creepymcpeepers

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Never had trouble with feedback either, but the volume and gain on the MXR are always in the center.
Gate has to be before the FX in the loop or it will chop off trails/repeats, if I'm understanding.
I guess I just need to get real
Pedals and quit trying all this plug into logic buisness cause I can’t figure out how to put fx from logic in the fx loop.. cause the fx loop send is going to my interface

Latest posts

')