EQ

• Thread starter QuarkSoup
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

QuarkSoup

Reaction score
So I'm looking to get an EQ. I've seen the Boss and MXR around but I am having trouble choosing. I'm not extremely knowledgeable about EQ's. So what would you recommend? Money isn't an issue either.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spinedriver

Reaction score
Rackmount or pedal ?? I can't really say about anything rack-wise, but as for a pedal...
Best one money wise is a Danelectro Fish & Chips 7 band eq (just as solid & good as the Boss). You can get 'em for about $30 on the 'bay.
If I had the money, I'd probably spring for an MXR KFK 10 band eq, those things are supposed to be pretty good.

D

Desecrated

Behringer
They have a rack mounted tube parametric EQ for the same price as a boss stompbox.
And it works really great to.
BEHRINGER
T-1951 Tube Ultra-Q

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
The Boss EQ pedal is great, and the Keeley Sniper mod makes it really hard to beat from what I've heard. I'll second what was said about the Fish & Chips; great bang:buck ratio, but maybe not the choice for you since you said you're not too worried about money. I have an ART 31-band EQ that kicks ass for the money, but you seem to be talking about pedals here.

Depending on how many bands you want, I'd probably go for the Sniper modded Boss or the MXR.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
alesis 31 band EQ? rack or pedal?

999dead666

Reaction score
look i have idea. since i understood that he dont know if he really needs an eq unit, he thinks only , which any way will be positive thing incase it was set in a good way. so i advice you to get behringer pedal which costs 20$ new. its copy of boss just hard plastic not metal. i have it at home its great i mean 20$ !!! plus it gives the same what boss pedal would give. so if you like it here you have cheap good eq pedall. if not will u lost 20$ not big deall.
since its eq subject which is better for guitar graphic or parametric ? i heared parametric is better just im not sure i know why!! any help?
dimebag used furman parametric right?

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Didn't I have a post in here? :scratch: Didn't think there was anything in it to get it deleted. If it got deleted can someone send me a PM why?

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So I'm looking to get an EQ. I've seen the Boss and MXR around but I am having trouble choosing. I'm not extremely knowledgeable about EQ's. So what would you recommend? Money isn't an issue either.

It's damn hard to beat the Boss GE-7 if you're looking at pedals. Especially if you're looking to do something like tone shaping for a lead boost, etc.

If you're looking for an overall EQ for an amp, I'd recommend a parametric, as they're more "musical", IMO, than a graphic for overall tone-shaping. I used an ART Tube EQ for a long time, but they're out of production. Of course, the Furman PQ4 is legendary as a guitar EQ...

')