Eric's Guitars polish kit

• Thread starter ecalcagnino
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ecalcagnino

\mm/
Contributor
Reaction score
Ok guys, I FINALLY got these. They have the microfiber polish cloth, guitar polish and fretboard oil. Other than having to pump like 100 times to get the polish started the first time, I am very happy and they are are exactly what I wanted. Great quality stuff! Thanks to all for your input as well when I was getting this together.

I will include a set with every guitar sold. This is something useful we all need unlike some of the swag that is dumped on us from everywhere else.

I will also sell these direct for $6.00 including shipping in the US and you can use PayPal to orders@ericsguitars.com. That's a pretty good price considering what's available out there. Thanks again all! :metal:

EDIT: No one is reading through the thread so... consider cloths a lost cause at this point. I don't have a new mfg for these and I am out. $5 for the oil and polish pair.

swagpic.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Bump or such, even though it's a sticky. ;)

If you don't own one of these yet, buy one. They kick absolute ass. :metal:

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'll have to get some and try it out. It looks like good stuff. Fretboard oil even....nice! :yesway:

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
Do you use the cloth to oil the guitar?

It's such a nice piece of cloth...

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Agreed - awesome quality polishing cloth, and great polish. I haven't given the fretboard oil a run yet, but I'm nearly due for an oil job, so I'll be putting it through its' paces shortly... :metal:

I've got one of these for each of my 7's and one for my acoustic. Great stuff.

ecalcagnino

\mm/
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks all! :metal:

Nik said:
Do you use the cloth to oil the guitar? It's such a nice piece of cloth...

I use paper towels to oil with. Cloths are overkill for that. I use these for polishing or to wipe the guitar down after playing. Peace all and happy new year!

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
ecalcagnino said:
I use paper towels to oil with. Cloths are overkill for that.

Paper towels? Dude, I did that to a couple of guitars & it was scratch city on the clear gloss. :scratch:

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
ecalcagnino said:
Yeah, sorry if that was badly worded. Do NOT use paper towels on the finish, just to oil the board.

Doesn't that leave all these annoying tiny paper dust specs all over the guitar though?

I'll keep that in mind for the next time I oil the fretboard.

ecalcagnino

\mm/
Contributor
Reaction score
Naw, once it's oiled you wait a few minutes to let it penetrate the wood then you wipe it off with a dry piece. Clean as a whistle. If you ant the wood to shine a bit when you're done you can use a polish cloth to give it a nice, hot, sexy rubdown.

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
ecalcagnino said:
Naw, once it's oiled you wait a few minutes to let it penetrate the wood then you wipe it off with a dry piece. Clean as a whistle. If you ant the wood to shine a bit when you're done you can use a polish cloth to give it a nice, hot, sexy rubdown.

Cool, thanks!

No old socks are gonna touch my new 7 :p

PS Eric, the fretboard oil totally rocks :yesway:

Now I gotta wait for a gig so I have an excuse to try out your geetar polish, too :cool:

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I use old white t-shirts for oiling the fretboard - wear them until they begin to wear out or until you rip one or something, and then hack them up for rags for cleaning your fretboard and wiping down your strings (which, frankly, I never bother to do anymore). Works like a charm.

jim777

Seen all good people
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I used to use old T shirts myself, but the rags that Eric packs with the oil are all that touches my guitars now. Some chamois like thing they are; very nice indeed.

Eric, what kind of oil is it exactly, is it bore oil?

ecalcagnino

\mm/
Contributor
Reaction score
Mostly bore oil with some secret sauce that helps it to last a bit longer between treatments. 3 ingredients total but 97%ish bore oil, yep.

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
Hey Eric, I've been religiously wiping down my guitar with the cloth after playing, and the cloth has started to accumulate dirt. Any specific way of cleaning/washing the cloth?

')